Cheating method by mobile operators - flash message containg paid links

6x6

Journeyman
Today my prepaid balance was deducted by aircel. after contacting cutomer care they told that you have followed a paid link 3 times, sent through SMS/flash message. each time it costed Rs 50. at the time of deduction my 3 year old baby was playing with mobile.

what should I do to avoid such deduction in future.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1. Ask them to not send any promotional links/SMS at all.
2. Keep the phone locked before giving it to baby (Rather don't give him/her a phone. They aren't supposed to play with phones)

tkin

Back to school!!
Today my prepaid balance was deducted by aircel. after contacting cutomer care they told that you have followed a paid link 3 times, sent through SMS/flash message. each time it costed Rs 50. at the time of deduction my 3 year old baby was playing with mobile.

what should I do to avoid such deduction in future.
Register do not disturb(DND), next time if they send you paid links you can charge them, 25k initially, all the way to 3 lakhs I think. TRAI has a measures in place

*www.aircel.com/AircelWar/appmanager/aircel/chennai?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=customercare_ndnc_page

Flash

Lost in speed
That's actually not a cheating. As a mobile operator, they tend to send promotional links to the subscribers. It's our decision to whether to open the link/buy the promotional product or not. In here, the baby clicked the link unknowingly and the balance got deducted.

As suggested above, register with DND option and if you still get the offers, register a complaint with TRAI.

*www.nccptrai.gov.in/nccpregistry/How to Register complaint.pdf

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Nobody uses flash messages nowadays. Telecom operaters send them for getting money out of you unknowingly. The popup is nothing more than a distraction that the user want to get rid of immediately. In a hurry people don't often read those messages. The message language is such that both yes and no can be used to activate the service at alternative times. If you don't read that completely you are in danger.

Top Bottom