sameerdatta

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I own a company and we need to give laptops to our marketing executives.

they will work through our web based platform, use google docs and surf the net only and run linux

can you suggest the cheapest 14" laptop on the market that will conform to our requirements

Thanks a ton

$hadow

Geek in making
Another thread without questionnaire.
Here fill this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/156722-questionnaire-laptop-notebook-purchase.html

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
@sneaky.mod.dashing.sujay Come on am I not allowed to troll even a little bit.

@OP I think you should go for this one:
Lenovo Essential B490 (59-382575) Laptop (3rd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS) Rs.23483 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Essential B490 (59-382575) Laptop (3rd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS) Black Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Lenovo laptops are really reliable and have a solid build quality too.. It comes with free dos so you can install Linux on them. Money is not wasted by manufacturer on a windows license.

You can prolly get cheaper on bulky orders.

In short Lenovo laptops make great office machines.

OP
sameerdatta

sameerdatta

Broken In
Another thread without questionnaire.
Here fill this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/156722-questionnaire-laptop-notebook-purchase.html

1) What is your budget?

As Low As Posible

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

14" screen size

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

work through our web based platform, use google docs and surf the net only and run linux

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

NO

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

NO

6) Anything else you would like to say?

NO

I belive i had provided all this in my original post :)

- - - Updated - - -

@sneaky.mod.dashing.sujay Come on am I not allowed to troll even a little bit.

@OP I think you should go for this one:
Lenovo Essential B490 (59-382575) Laptop (3rd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS) Rs.23483 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Essential B490 (59-382575) Laptop (3rd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS) Black Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Lenovo laptops are really reliable and have a solid build quality too.. It comes with free dos so you can install Linux on them. Money is not wasted by manufacturer on a windows license.

You can prolly get cheaper on bulky orders.

In short Lenovo laptops make great office machines.

What about

HP 455 Laptop (APU Dual Core/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS) rs 21450

- - - Updated - - -

Have you earmarked any budget for it ? Also what life expectancy are you expecting config wise?

i am hoping for as close to 20K as i can get. the Life expectancy should be about 2 years

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
An APU will be terribly slow when multitasked.

Get at least a PDC, or i3 if possible. Though i3 won't be possible in your budget.

For the moment a PDC + 4GB RAM should suffice.

Get the Lenovo B490 seamon mentioned. I got this one (i3 version) for a friend of mine and it's pretty good.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
1) What is your budget?

As Low As Posible

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

14" screen size

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

work through our web based platform, use google docs and surf the net only and run linux

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

NO

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

NO

6) Anything else you would like to say?

NO

I belive i had provided all this in my original post :)

- - - Updated - - -

What about

HP 455 Laptop (APU Dual Core/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS) rs 21450

- - - Updated - - -

i am hoping for as close to 20K as i can get. the Life expectancy should be about 2 years

Avoid HP, build quality not good. One member @AbhMkh literally bit off(seems that way) his mid-range HP laptop and you can only wonder what low end would be like.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Avoid HP, build quality not good. One member @AbhMkh literally bit off(seems that way) his mid-range HP laptop and you can only wonder what low end would be like.

Where I come from we bite laptops before breakfast just to work up an appetite !

Top Bottom