****CHEAP WIRELESS NETWORK under 2K >>>> :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
:D OK A Typical wireless connection between PC and Laptop cos 15,000 using two wireless card and router....and ..And without the Router with direct Access between Pci wireless card and PCMCIA wireless card it will cost 8,000 Rupees
Now I want a Really Cheao wireless network under 2thousand....ok here is what i intend to do...I am getting one USB bluetooth Adapter with 25 Mtrs Range under 1000 Rupees. so its 2K for 2.....
Hmmmm now this is what i intend to do....
1) MAKE A LAN CONNECTION ( Well i read that somewhere on the net )
2) Access my files same as in the wireless connecction LAN
3) Watch streaming Video like Files from my camcorder stored on my PC...
U THINK THIS IS POSSIBLE ......I I SHOULD JUST JUNK THIS IDEA.......:)

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
It could be possible but you won't get speeds above 1Mbps. BT supports speeds upto 1mbps only and practically you get somewhere between 720 -760K.

anoop

Broken In
Yep the real problem is speed..your speed depends upon the quality of the blue tooh adapter you are using.Another important problem is this kind of a network is dangerous ....coz bluejacking is emerging as a big crime and its so dangerous.Think that you are keeping one of the PC close to your window and if the neighbour's PC or mobile or any handheld devices which has a bluetooth interface comes with in this 25 ms range your data is exposed and its really dangerous i think.One of my friend got in to trouble using bluetooth.

ice

In the zone
Cheapest would be get 2 lan cards [ 400 buxx each] get some cross over lan cable, and connect the machines.. Its fast, its easy and economical. :D

anoop

Broken In
Ice I think You didnt notice the heading of this page...Well we are talking about a cheap wireless network here and not a cable one.

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
YAAA Thanks Anup.....As i say the real catch is cheap wireless network...i mean whoaaw just under 2 k ....
And moreever its pretty safe....and the speeds i get is around 1mb but hell i can walk around my house and am actually able to connect net and watch videos and mp3 from my local PC.....Well i dont think i need anything else much.....
:) See its truely wonderfulll.........

anoop

Broken In
good work freshseasons!! keep it up!! hope u have a good firewall which blocks unwanted access from other bluetooth enabled accessories!!

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Yup dude ....thanks ...i have a good firewall and a secure connection .....And minimum shared files.... :)

chinmay

Journeyman
dude i don't have a very good experience with bluetooth pc adaptors..i hv bought many of them(for Rs.1000) but installation is a big problem...n then sometimes ur device is recognzed sometimes it is not....data transfer speed is also 500kbps only

lenrox

Tech Savvy UFO
The Bluetooth - Bluetooth is a bright option.

Well as of security, these days there are umpteen number of Softwares available out there to get yor Wireless network secured.... Without Security, you can get into real trouble ..

Why don't you try googling for some security software....??

Btw, my neighbourhood guys have W-Nw installed and thanks to them, I have free internet... And i sincerely hope they aren't reading this ....

;-)

aadipa

Padawan
Why bring up dead threads, I saw one post by Ice and was wondering when he become active again, then i checked the post date. ?

rohanbee

Padawan
Why don't you go in for NETGEAR after discount my organisation got it for around 3600 bucks.
Among the three we shortlisted:-
D-Link -- very expensive around 10,000
Linksys -- around 4000
NetGear -- around 3500

Prices i have told you are for the g version wireless technology i think the older b version wirless routers might be even more cheaper and hence you might get one under 2k.
Cheers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom