Cheap VOIP services to call APAC ?

cryonics

Right off the assembly line
I own a startup and make a lot of International calls to my customers in APAC region. Looks like I’ll go bankrupt pretty soon thanks to my rising phone bills. Skype monthly subscription rates are very high. Was wondering if there is a better alternative?

envici

Broken In
Skype is a total rip off. They have attractive rates to just few countries and the monthly subscription charge is very high. I use Global Call to call my friends and family in India and Pakistan. They offer nominal calling rates to Asia and run periodic promotions .Worth a try.

OP
C

cryonics

Hmm.. checked their website .Rates look attractive for calls to Asia when compared to Skype and Viber. What about the sound quality? Is it good enough?

envici

Broken In
Hmm.. checked their website .Rates look attractive for calls to Asia when compared to Skype and Viber. What about the sound quality? Is it good enough?

Sound quality depends on lot of factors. You cannot blame the app if the internet speed is slow. Slower the speed more the latency and other voip related issues surface. I’ve never faced any issue with Global Call so far wrt sound quality when I call India. To be honest Skype has the best quality but Global call gives a better pay as you go option .

OP
C

cryonics

Thanks I installed Global Call from Google Play. Next week I'm heading to Vietnam .Nice time to purchase few credits and test the app.

envici

Broken In
btw since you mentioned you call Apac if you have Japanese friends you can tell them about this promotion event for coupon users in Japan *www.globalcallevent.com/pizza_event/pizza_w/en/pizza_w.html

OP
C

cryonics

That’s quite a good promotion for Japanese users. I’ll make sure word reaches few of my Japanese customers. Btw like I earlier mentioned I tried Global Call for the first time for the past few weeks during my business visit to Vietnam (My colleagues and friends used this app instead of VoIP to get in touch with me). It just cost them a paltry 6 cents. Very good value for money for users who want to make just plain phone calls to landlines and mobile phones.

envici

Broken In
btw I forgot to ask you did you enter your id for the 1 +1 event. I presumed you'd have got an in app notification regarding the event *www.globalcall-1plus1.com/event_w/en/event_w.html . Enter your id here . Basically you double your credit purchase .You can purchase a maximum of $50 as credits (which I did last week leaving me with $100 credits which won't expire ). If you haven't tried it out yet I suggest you give it a shot before the event expires.

Top Bottom