Chat with the Honor CEO!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Dear Saiyangoku

Actually, the notch is not a bad design, from our perspective. To get a bigger screen-to-body ratio which provides a better display experience, we have to use the notch otherwise the placement of the rear camera will be a problem. This is also the reason that most of the smartphone manufacturers adopts the notch design.

Thanks for the participation.
Notch is on the top front of the screen, not in the rear. The reason most OEMS are blatantly copying it is to mimic iphone X's design. Ask any sane person about it and they'd rather have a flat top instead of notch.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Dear Vyom,

Of course. We will provide updates for Honor products timely. However, because we are trying to provide a stable and smooth user experience, we will have enormous tests before officially providing the updates in terms of respective products.
Thanks for the participation.

Project Treble on the Honor 9 Lite - How AOSP Fixed a Budget Device

AOSP improves the Honor 9 Lite in a number of different ways. The Honor 9 Lite, as time went on, was unbearable in terms of performance, as I touched on in my review. With AOSP, it tells a very different story. The device is fluid, it’s quick, and it’s extremely responsive. It blows EMUI out of the water in just about every metric. If what you’re after is features, then you can even install a Resurrection Remix or LineageOS ROM instead of AOSP. If you don’t care about camera quality that much, then I fully recommend ditching EMUI. Even then, the camera issues may eventually be fixed with time. But it does leave one question: What on Earth happened to EMUI?

I can’t tell why AOSP on this device is just so much better than EMUI. It’s fluid, it’s fast, and it’s everything that EMUI is not. It could be the lack of bloat slowing down the device. An interesting fact is that I could not work on articles on my phone on EMUI as Chrome would simply crash, but other than the occasional lag spikes on AOSP I was able to edit and work on articles to my heart’s content. It just felt so much nicer to use. That’s not something you can pick up on synthetic benchmarks either: it’s something you’d have to try yourself. If you have an Honor 9 Lite with EMUI and you don’t mind losing out on camera quality then I highly recommend switching over to an AOSP-based ROM

In the end, reality of the situation is that Honor/Huawei phones are running on android and should not be locked down like Apple devices. Don't try to copy this (or pricing) from Apple. People would find alternatives if they have bad experiences from your phones because of EMUI and you would loose customers.

Honor

Broken In
Official Verified Account
Project Treble on the Honor 9 Lite - How AOSP Fixed a Budget Device

In the end, reality of the situation is that Honor/Huawei phones are running on android and should not be locked down like Apple devices. Don't try to copy this (or pricing) from Apple. People would find alternatives if they have bad experiences from your phones because of EMUI and you would loose customers.

Dear SaiyanGoku,

Thanks for your recommendation.
We will pass on your suggestion to R&D center.

Best regards

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think the biggest improvement that can be done is allow easier methods for unlocking the bootloader so that power users can tweak the device up to their liking or use custom ROMs that they feel most comfortable with. Android being open source means people are more than willing to help you improve the device performance and experience for no cost at all. Are analytics really that important compared to goodwill of thousands of customers?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
One of the reasons Moto G/X (atleast 1st gen) was successful was the ability to unlock it's boot loader officially (even if it voided warranty).
If Honor can provide the ability to unlock the bootloader the easier way, that reason alone will be enough to make me regret my decision to buy an LG G6. (Cause LG doesn't make it any easier, which is a shame, since I have used LG's Optimus One phone in the past, and it was also easily unlockable).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Notch is on the top front of the screen, not in the rear. The reason most OEMS are blatantly copying it is to mimic iphone X's design. Ask any sane person about it and they'd rather have a flat top instead of notch.
What's the point of that crappy notch? Essential gave no reason for it, SHITpple is saying it is for sensors and stuff of face id. Why can't the OEM's place the front camera on the top somewhere. Little bezels are fine than that notch.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
What's the point of that crappy notch? Essential gave no reason for it, SHITpple is saying it is for sensors and stuff of face id. Why can't the OEM's place the front camera on the top somewhere. Little bezels are fine than that notch.
Every other OEM is in a rat race to copy stuff from Apple without thinking which parts are crap (like notch, lack of ports & slots) and which parts actually enhance the usability and user experience (like faster processor, storage, ram).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Every other OEM is in a rat race to copy stuff from Apple without thinking which parts are crap (like notch, lack of ports & slots) and which parts actually enhance the usability and user experience (like faster processor, storage, ram).
I hope Samsung doesn't go that way.

Syed Munnowar Ali

Right off the assembly line
Why do the same which all other mobile manufacturers do, please do come with the unique designs, I am not saying the Honor designs are bad but they aren't innovative? like

1- Notch
2- dual/triple camera
3- Design and hardware
4- Sensors

Why can't Honor be unique in design? like

1- Notch and cameras: You can remove the notch and put all the cameras behind and under the display which should pop out when we open the camera, and switch the camera when we switch the back and forth. This way there is no need of having rear and front cams.
2- Design and hardware: There aren't any significant improvement in the hardware used in Honor phones.
3- Sensors: Please add new sensors to the phone especially IR(Infrared blaster) which will be very useful for IoT.

etc..

Prasad Kharkande

Hii,
Following are some of the observation , suggestion and queries related to Honor Phones
1. Is it possible to have variable aperture in a mid range segment honor phones making mobile photography easier in various lighting conditions ??

2. Why is so that most of the phones do not have IR blaster?

3. Honor have launched some phone with 18:9 aspect ratio of the screen with a notch. But when tend play games the notch part of the screen tends to get hidden in a black bar which make it to look like a normal phone having 18:9 aspect without a notch. So my question is does it really makes sense to have a notch (I want would like to know the company's point of view what was the idea behind putting a notch on their phone other than looks)?

Needs improvement in User interface .

The Aurora Glass Design, Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor , AI technology used are the features which i liked the most. The Display would look more better if it was without a notch

I am a fan of Honor from many years....but Honor doesn't releases something new at first.
What the ptoblem...notch display,AI powered cpu this inovative things should pick up by Honor at 1st.
Well I have a new design of a phone and I think no one have thoughts about it.

Hii,
Following are some of the observation , suggestion and queries related to Honor Phones
1. Is it possible to have variable aperture in a mid range segment honor phones making mobile photography easier in various lighting conditions ??

2. Why is so that most of the phones do not have IR blaster?

3. Honor have launched some phone with 18:9 aspect ratio of the screen with a notch. But when tend play games the notch part of the screen tends to get hidden in a black bar which make it to look like a normal phone having 18:9 aspect without a notch. So my question is does it really makes sense to have a notch (I want would like to know the company's point of view what was the idea behind putting a notch on their phone other than looks)?

Needs improvement in User interface .

The Aurora Glass Design, Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor , AI technology used are the features which i liked the most. The Display would look more better if it was without a notch
Yes the display will looks more beautiful without the notch in Honor 10

devgiya

Build a phone , which doesn't heat much while using overtime, like others.
I don't wanna give rest to the phone.

Afham

Im using redmi a1 but it lags while playing games like pubg ...nd i have used honor phone before so this time with honor 10 having better gpu unit gaming should be fun and smooth..:bandanafighter:

Sundram choudhary

Hi, i have been looking for a smartphone which have specifications that is supporting the other but that is not there. I thought that P20 was the one, but this doesn't seem. But it is quite close enough. The mobile companies should be knowing that the best processor consumes more battery and more ram or multitasking also consumes more battery. So, why give specifications that is super awesome with battery life not even half a day. Storage os 128gb but more storage takes more processing and hence more battery. I mean to say is keep the specifications in proportionate to each other which makes the best out of mobile and will have good impact on market.

Pabitra Mahato

I am a Oneplus user. I am a fan of oneplus because of the following reasons :

1. Best display (AMOLED)
2. Best Performance. (Huge RAM and Snapdragon Processor gibes you lag free experience.)
3. Camera (Low light performance)
4. Dash charge

Now if I would like to switch from oneplus to Huawei there has to be reasons that are comparable. I think Huawei needs a huge improvements in these categories to be able to compete in the market. Also there is the price factor. The price of the devices should be affordable and the quality should not be compromised. Only then consumers like me will be interested in Huawei. I was excited about P20 pro. However the price range is so high that I just dropped the idea.

Huawei, please look into these suggestions and make decisions. I think huawei has a great potential to compete other brands in the international market.
Thank you.

Top Bottom