Change/Hide mac etc. from network

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hello Friends,

Is there any good software that can change system's(pc/laptop) name, mac id, adapter name and other info from being viewed from some network analyzer software or from the modem's page?

Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try running as Administrator & also set the random mac address first 2 characters as 02 just like the msg says.Pc name can always be changed by going to system settings.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Try running as Administrator & also set the random mac address first 2 characters as 02 just like the msg says.Pc name can always be changed by going to system settings.

Ran the software as administrator and set the mac address as you suggested but still same error. Yes, but changing PC's name that way requires a restart. I have seen the IT guy in the IT department running a software which changes mac id, pc name etc. without even a restart. That software was also used by him to find out what websites are the users on the network visiting. I can't go to him and ask the name of the same.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
How to get changed Computer Name without restarting the computer
I changed a computer from "A" to "B" . I don't restart the computer. When I use System.Environment.MachineName I get "A" and not "B" - which correct. But when I see " System Property page" , " Computer Name tab " I see computer name as "B".

Why does computer name change require a reboot in Windows? - Server Faul

It may seem like it but complete pc name change requires reboot.As for mac address change error,did you select/tick the "use 02 as first octlet of mac address" option(3rd option) & untick all other network connections except wifi in the list before clicking the change now button.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
How to get changed Computer Name without restarting the computer

Why does computer name change require a reboot in Windows? - Server Faul

It may seem like it but complete pc name change requires reboot.As for mac address change error,did you select/tick the "use 02 as first octlet of mac address" option(3rd option) & untick all other network connections except wifi in the list before clicking the change now button.

Did that brother, but still the same error.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Something to do with win 10 i guess.Try these methods on a non-win 10 system to confirm issue is with win 10 & not with your network.

Top Bottom