Change DVD Drive front bezel

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I have LG GSA H10N DVD RW Drive, white in color. It came with one additional black bezel. It has two separate parts, front panel for CD tray and rest of the bezel.

I want to replace original white bezel with black one, but not getting how to go about it. Absolutely nothing is mentioned about the same in the manual.

If anyone knows, please help.
Thanks,

ECE0105

In the zone
Instead of changing the Bezel, which is a Costly process, why don't you try to conceal the drive.
Push the drive back in, and then use multiple layers of double-sided tape on the Drive Tray and on the Eject button.

Remove the Side tabs on the plastic things on the Cabinet that originally cover the slots for the drives.

Put that on the drive and it is concealed.

I have done that after checking a few forums on the net and it works fine.

Most of my frnds are not sure wether I have a drive at all.

Wish I had a few Pics to show u....

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
What are you talking about! Concealing the drive is not what he is looking for and concealing it makes it very cumbersome to eject anyway. And how is changing the bezel costly? The extra bezel is bundled with the drive and you just have to pop out the default one and clip on the new one. Unless you pay someone to do this, it won't cost you a single buck!

patkim, I am sorry but I don't now how to change the bezel. I have a Sony DVD-RW drive which came with an additional bezel too, but I never bothered changing it.

ECE0105

In the zone
aryayush said:
What are you talking about! Concealing the drive is not what he is looking for and concealing it makes it very cumbersome to eject anyway. And how is changing the bezel costly? The extra bezel is bundled with the drive and you just have to pop out the default one and clip on the new one. Unless you pay someone to do this, it won't cost you a single buck!

Never heard of it... I have bought a number of drives, for myself and my friends and never got an extra Bezel.

@PATKIM It is not too difficult to change the Bezel.

Open the Drive Tray and remove the Bezel by pressing the Side tabs. Remove the Outer part of the tray by pressing the plastic tabs underneath.

Once done, the Bezel would come out easily. If you have the extra faceplate as Aryayush has informed, You can place them in easily.

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Yes, the drives often come with extra bezel. At least that's what I found with LG GSA H10N white colored drive.
However I felt that the white colored drive in black cabinet also looks quite nice!

Thanks for your suggestions. Yes eventually I was able to change the bezel and CD tray faceplate. The difficult and a little careful part was changing the CD Tray faceplate. I found that it was inserted from top and was held in place by three notches at bottom side of the CD tray. I put a paperclip in the gap between the cover and notch from beneath the CD Tray and slowly pushed it slightly away (forward direction) to unlock it from the notch. When done from either ends, the CD tray faceplate could be pulled up and removed. However had to hold the CD tray with other hand to prevent damage or avoid excessive pressure on it. Bezel could be removed by pressing the side notches and pulling it forward.

I am however a little surprised that the DVD RW manual does not talk anything on how to change the bezel.

ECE0105

In the zone
Good Work dude... Finally u got the problem solved...

I guess other ppl who would like to change the face plate for their Optical Drives now know whom to get in touch with....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom