CFA : Should I do or not ?

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Hello,

Currently I m on horizon of completing first year of my MBA program from one of the top college in Mumbai University. I m going to opt for Finance as a specialization. Final placement season would be in Dec-13/Jan-14. Giving me around 7/7.5 months of time. In this time I want to make my CV/resume stronger.

I had missed first class in graduation (B.E. - Electronics - Mumbai University) by a percentage and I feel it hurt me a lot while getting shortlisted for summer internship interviews. I m 2010 pass-out and post that I have work exp of 2 years as a Manual Tester in an Indian MNC (neither TCS nor Infy ).

I m thinking to appear for NCFM modules offered by NSE and complete FLIP certification. However this are pretty common across my batch. So I thought of any better certification & I could found from many, its CFA. However I m not sure of in which all profiles it would help me in my final placements and confused over it whether i should do it or not.

My area of interest lies in somewhere around Macro-Economics, Business Analyst (as I from IT domain already) and Corporate/Project Finance. I m not keen to work in Banks but it will be ohk to work in banks as a researcher or something like that. I m not interested making career in Capital Market or Stock Market at all.

Anyone who had prior exp or is aware about CFA and its end-results kindly help me out. Alternatively suggest any other certification which I should do for my area of interest.

Top Bottom