Celeron D vs Sempron Socket A's

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Nothing wrong in your post dude but it is not relevant to this thread,thats all.
Your intention is good, only thing -- you could have started a new thread,thats all

So Chill

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
Hey,
I just wanted the comparison of both the low end platforms. I am not going for the Celeron D 64 bit or so,
Anyways thanx for the Info about it......
Anybody heard of exact specifications of the Newly Launched Sub-10k PC by HCL, Recently Dayanidhi maran launched it.....
Any buyied that...
Plz reply me the Performance,

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
Hey,
I just wanted the comparison of both the low end platforms. I am not going for the Celeron D 64 bit or so,
Anyways thanx for the Info about it......
Anybody heard of exact specifications of the Newly Launched Sub-10k PC by HCL, Recently Dayanidhi maran launched it.....
Any buyied that...
Plz reply me the Performance,
See ya

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
look for the processor shootout in digit.Sempron will beat celeron on any given account.Its also a lot cheaper too.Semprons are just renamed athlon xp 333 trroughbreds.Some newer semprons such as 3000 + also comes with 512k cache
So if athlon xp were so good why its becoming worser than celerons now?
Celerons get better motherboad thanks to intel unified chipset mechanism so their performance is to a standerd but semprons performance will vary according to the mobo u use .U cant expect a mercury mobo of rs 1800 to perform well!!!!
Dont be fooled.Go for Sempron.In the processor shootout u can see even Sempron 2200+ ( 1.5ghz or something)is beating a celeron 2.4d

darklord

Cyborg Agent
ook for the processor shootout in digit.Sempron will beat celeron on any given account.

Please specify man cos Celeron D is a tad faster as its based on the Prescott core has larger cahce and FSB.This does NOT mean that it owns the Sempron. :wink:

So if athlon xp were so good why its becoming worser than celerons now?

You literally stole words off me... :wink:

standerd but semprons performance will vary according to the mobo u use .U cant expect a mercury mobo of rs 1800 to perform well!!!!
Thats very true,Chipset played a crucial role in AXP days just as it plays even today for P4.This is not the case for A64 anymore.

In the processor shootout u can see even Sempron 2200+ ( 1.5ghz or something)is beating a celeron 2.4d
isnt that a bit too optimistic a claim ? :roll:

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
No man even Athlon 64 needs a better chipset to perform optimaly but since the memory controller is inbuilt in case of 64s its importance has lessened.But chipset is still an important factor.

The best chipset for socket a sempron in terms of balance in stability nd performance in my opinion are as follows

Budget : VIA KM 266pro/VIA KM 400
Midrange : VIA KM 400 PRO/Nforce 2
High end : Dont waste ur money here...

On the other hand best chipset for celeron is Intel 845.Anything over it such as 865 series will be a waste of money coz celeron cant take advantage of the performance it offers.

The best possible solution is spend a couple of thousand more and get ur self an P4 EM64T or Athlon 64.U wont regret its guranteed.

Just refer to the shootout result Buddy..I didnt do thr shootout..digit did.So why blaming me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom