CDMA phone suggestion required

monkey

Padawan
1. Budget? : 12k (15k max if it is worth)
2. Display type and size? : 5"- 5.5".
3. Dual sim? Not Necessary
4. Preferred choice of brand? No
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Nothing in particular
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 3G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Internet/Messaging
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Moto Droid (imported)
10. Any other info that you want to share: The phone should be compatible with Reliance (CDMA) network. Imported (unlocked) phone suggestion is also welcome. Need to buy the phone within 2 days.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Moto G 3rd gen seems like your best bet, you may also go for Mi4i if you want a little more features and a better camera and display at the cost of warranty and stock android..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
my mom uses that since 2003. its best for many as the call volume is better than gsm.

so did my mom but in the last 3-4 years, GSM has surpassed CDMA in India
Call volume etc no longer are an advantage in CDMA
Maybe better than Vodafone GSM(my dad uses that and its horrible) but not better than Airtel/Idea's shared GSM Bands
I discontinued my CDMA card a year ago because of dwindling service and lack of good handsets

gavnit

Broken In
For those who like cdma voice can put their 3g phone to wcdma only if the coverage allows. You'll get same crystal clear voice. As its almost the same technology.

Last edited:

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
so did my mom but in the last 3-4 years, GSM has surpassed CDMA in India
Call volume etc no longer are an advantage in CDMA
Maybe better than Vodafone GSM(my dad uses that and its horrible) but not better than Airtel/Idea's shared GSM Bands
I discontinued my CDMA card a year ago because of dwindling service and lack of good handsets

we have BSNL, Vodafone, Reliance GSM & Airtel GSM apart from her CDMA. mom and many of us find that none of them have better voice quality and volume than her Reliance CDMA which she uses on a dumb Samsung B229. so far her, that continues.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
we have BSNL, Vodafone, Reliance GSM & Airtel GSM apart from her CDMA. mom and many of us find that none of them have better voice quality and volume than her Reliance CDMA which she uses on a dumb Samsung B229. so far her, that continues.

well to each their own
nothing is really consistent in India
some things work better in other cities, some work worse :)
might as well enjoy CDMA while it works for you I guess

Top Bottom