CDMA device iPhone

Rahul Bahuguna

New to this forum
Hello, I am using iPhone 5, A1429 GSM model. due to bad network at construction site I want to move to CDMA, Can some one suggest if iPhone 6 will work with CDMA tata indicome or any other iPhone. If not so which is best phone for CDMA network. My preference is good battery life & secure data.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Hello, I am using iPhone 5, A1429 GSM model. due to bad network at construction site I want to move to CDMA, Can some one suggest if iPhone 6 will work with CDMA tata indicome or any other iPhone. If not so which is best phone for CDMA network. My preference is good battery life & secure data.
I don't think the CDMA iPhone 6 is available in India yet.

aalok

Right off the assembly line
till date i have not come across any fully functional iphone model for cdma in india.. only iphone 4 (US version) works with reliance cdma with voice, text & high speed data, but again, it has issues with text messages reception, sent by non numbered senders like, DM, RM, VM, DD, etc. as prefix.. so user ends up with issues sent to them by banks, etc.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I suggest against getting CDMA in a US carrier iPhone
My cousin had one and it had weird issues when used in India
Calls only worked on 3G,text messages only worked on 2G and data was slow and unreliable either way

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
ZTE is giving great hardware (sd801) but literally zero dev support which is why I won't recommend it. It also doesn't supports CDMA bands -_-

nav18

Broken In
ZTE is giving great hardware (sd801) but literally zero dev support which is why I won't recommend it. It also doesn't supports CDMA bands -_-

Yeah dev support is defiantly lacking, plus an outdated os.I didn't knew that Indian CDMA band is not supported.
Are you sure? It's mention in their specification.

seriously comparing an iphone to some chinese phone :O

ZTE is a old brand with it's own repute. Don't judge it,just because it's a Chinese manufacturer.
We've already seen what xiaomi,one plus one,oppo and huawei did with their latest launches.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Yeah dev support is defiantly lacking, plus an outdated os.I didn't knew that Indian CDMA band is not supported.
Are you sure? It's mention in their specification.

ZTE is a old brand with it's own repute. Don't judge it,just because it's a Chinese manufacturer.
We've already seen what xiaomi,one plus one,oppo and huawei did with their latest launches.

either way,you cant compare a flagship to a mid ranger,its poles apart in terms of quality
sure one plus one ,xiaomi have great products for the price but ASS etc is a pita
huawei is a joke overall,theres literally no perks of buying it over even a one plus one,xiaomi or oppo-no proper dev support,no ASS,poor quality of buttons and screen etc
also most people would opt for a Moto G 2014 or something instead of the above mentioned brands for justified reasons
i would still give one plus one credit though because the quality is satisfactory and oppo/cm seem to be concentrating on India as a proper market and dev support etc is excellent
ZTE has had its own set of issues in the past,its a known devil,doesnt change the fact that you shouldnt buy one when there are better alternatives from the likes of Moto,One plus one,Xiaomi etc in the same price range
also the numerous complaints about most of these chinese brands is still rather concerning despite decent reception

- - - Updated - - -

im just curious ,why not do MNP to a better service provider within GSM
CDMA in India is dying fast and not that great anymore
Tata docomo is also hitting the bottom now and there are rumours,it might be discontinued
depending on your city,usually BSNL and MTNL etc have decent coverage in smaller cities compared to the bigger service providers

- - - Updated - - -

im just curious ,why not do MNP to a better service provider within GSM
CDMA in India is dying fast and not that great anymore
Tata docomo is also hitting the bottom now and there are rumours,it might be discontinued
depending on your city,usually BSNL and MTNL etc have decent coverage in smaller cities compared to the bigger service providers

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Go for standard GSM iphone dude, CDMA is too much hassle.. Modern GSM networks are just as good and im sure you will find a network that has good coverage in your area

seriously comparing an iphone to some chinese phone :O

:lol:

your ignorance is so amusing

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Go for standard GSM iphone dude, CDMA is too much hassle.. Modern GSM networks are just as good and im sure you will find a network that has good coverage in your area

:lol:

your ignorance is so amusing

too bad my "ignorance" ensures better vfm and quality than your "knowledge"
no one can argue with the fact that the quality of materials and service with an apple product remains unmatched
before you call me an apple fanboy , i would like you to know,im no blind consumer-i know the issues involved with iphones as well-bendgate and antennaegate
im appalled with the forums these days,everyone seems to be defensive about chinese brands even when better stuff is available for the same price

Top Bottom