cd-rw burning problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunbhide

Broken In
i recently bought a moser baer cd-rw 80/700 mb disk and formatted it using incd 4. but while using it, it shows that it has a space of only 539 mb. is there a problem in burning or is the disk faulty? please help me out.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
varunbhide said:
i recently bought a moser baer cd-rw 80/700 mb disk and formatted it using incd 4. but while using it, it shows that it has a space of only 539 mb. is there a problem in burning or is the disk faulty? please help me out.

r u sure u formatted it?? Coz in 4 years of my writing experience i never formatted a cdrw. U can erase it not format it. Which brand of cd r u using?? The cd might b faulty.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
i think u get that when u use that mt.reiner option . see if that was used . in cd seems to cause a lot of compatibility issues , especially when trying to access files within pure dos .

swatkat

Technomancer
Formatting using inCD reduces the Free space of CD RW, as the filesystem is a special one known as UDF.....this is normal....also the free space after formatting using inCD varies from media to media....

swatkat

Technomancer
bharathbala2003 said:
hmm y do u need to FORMAT a CD :? i haven seen anyone doin it.. ppl only erase the data..
inCD is a special tool, which makes CD-RW disks 'work' like a Floppy or HardDisk...after formatting using inCD, u can simply cut-paste-edit-delete and do whatever u can do for files/folders(as u do in Harddisks) in a CD-RW disk...it's a special file system known as UDF, and the method is known as Packet Writing.....

swatkat

Technomancer
bharathbala2003 said:
hmm i never knew bout this sware dude.. thnx for the info.. is it available online for free?? if yes link :D
No it's not free...it's bundled with Nero...u can downlaod the Nero 6 Reloaded bundle demo...
*www.nero.com/en/InCD_4.html
*www.nero.com/en/Nero_6_Reloaded.html

OP
varunbhide

varunbhide

Broken In
the how do i use a cd-rw without formatting it? is there any other file system (other than udfs) which allows more space?

swatkat

Technomancer
varunbhide said:
the how do i use a cd-rw without formatting it? is there any other file system (other than udfs) which allows more space?
UDF is only used for packet writing that is using it like a Floppy or Hard Disk...this reduces the toltal free space of the disk....
u can use it as a normal CD recordable media, that is u can burn data using any burning softwares like Nero, and u can make use of full 650 or 700MB....only advantage of CD-RW over CD-R (Recordable) is that u can erase the content of the CD-Rw and u can write it again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom