CD Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh266

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I regularly play NFS and FIFA games on my PC. I want to know how to make images of these CDs onto my PC's HDD and play the games thro' it. I mean I don't want to put the game Cd to play the game.

I know there are certain freeware available that I can use. But which onw is the best and simple to use?

Help me guys.....

Cheers / Raj

swatkat

Technomancer
u need to have virtual CD drive to load the CD images into them and use it as a normal CD....
for this u have to use softwares such as Nero, Alcohol 120% or Virtual CD, for creating CD images as well as Virtual CD Drives for playing them....there r freewares to make CD images (such as ISOBuster), but there r no freewares for creating virtual CD drives....

Get the demo of Alcohol 120% and use it, if u dont have Nero with ImageDrive tool (the virtual CD drive software bundled with Nero)....

*www.alcohol-soft.com/
*www.nero.com/en/Nero_ImageDrive.html
*www.virtualcd-online.com/

OP
R

rajesh266

Right off the assembly line
Thanks a lot, buddy! That was cool and very prompt reply. It sure does help me....

Cheers / Raj

aadipa

Padawan
create images with any software like Nero, ISOBuster.
use those images with DAEMON Tools

This is the best and FREE method to do it.

DAEMON Tools ROCKS.. :)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Umm, I thought only Alcohol 120% and BlindWrite can overcome the disc copy protection schemes. Or is the plan just to create a backup of the setup files and use a No-CD patch? Because I dont see how Nero does a good job of bypassing or duplicating the disc along with the errors.

parthbarot

In the zone
alcohol is the best ok? so get it man...

another freeware CD image loading tool is "Daemon image loader" serch in google --"Daemon"...

another cool is "cloneCD" its good like alcohol..

i use "alcohol" & playing "GTA Vice City" with it..

regards

swatkat

Technomancer
enoonmai said:
Umm, I thought only Alcohol 120% and BlindWrite can overcome the disc copy protection schemes. Or is the plan just to create a backup of the setup files and use a No-CD patch? Because I dont see how Nero does a good job of bypassing or duplicating the disc along with the errors.
Nero can not bypass the Security Measures (one of them is,deliberately inducing errors) built into the CD....Alcohol120% can copy the discs which has Security measuresm, but only grouse is, u should specify the Security Method used (like LaserLock, SafeDisc etc..), as it can not automatically detect the method used....but there is a tool called ClonyXXL which detects the Copy Protection/Security Method, so we can use this tool to know it....

CyCo

In the zone
ALCOHOL ROCKS !!

But for some Cd's that have protections use CloneCD ... its quite good ...

Iso buster is really helpful if the CD ur tryin to make an image of is very scratched ...

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@swatkat: I knew that, thanks anyway. :D I was just trying to make my point as to how Nero could not be used a protected game CD imager. I just save myself the hassle, I just copy the setup files, and get a No-CD patch for the version I use. If it doesn't I then use Alcohol 120% or DAEMON Tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom