CD/DVD Drives No Longer Recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayride

Right off the assembly line
OK, here's the deal...
My PC stopped showing the ROM drives recently. Nothing has been changed and the slave/master is normal. All info in the bios is still as it should be, but I'm not showing the normal drive letters in 'My Computer'. I still see the 'C Drive' of course, and the folders. When I pop a CD into the drive, it spins, but the system doesn't recognize that new data has been entered.
All I can guess is that the drivers have somehow been removed, but I'm having trouble getting those back on. So back to basics. Either 1. I still have the wrong answer, or 2. Can someone direct me on how to install generic CD/DVD Rom drivers in a Windows XP environment?
- Jay
*www.geocities.com/jayride4_jc/ROM_Drive_Issue.JPG

Raccoon

Journeyman
Did you try uninstalling the drives and rebooting? If that dosent work, try uninstalling the IDE controllers after uninstalling the drives. Reboot to let Windows re detect and re-install everything.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
i have the same problem,but its an oem sata version of the lg hl-dt-st gh20ns10,but your methods didnt work.i downloaded the drivers manually but driver cant find target drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom