CD Drive not reading CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyasram

The pWnster
I own a p3 PC with 192mb ram,20gb hdd and a Samsung 52/24/52 CD Rewriter. My problem is that my CD drive does not read Silver plated CDs though it reads gold plated CDs. Sometimes it does not even read gold plated CDs if it has even very few scratches.Please help me.

swatkat

Technomancer
Get ur CD Drive's lens cleaned at ur local service people and also see that there is no dust on the CD.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
dont know if im giving the right solution or not

u can try updating your ASPI drivers from this site
-----
alibi

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Think Samsung 52X rewritter can read most of the Cd's in market. I think basically you have damaged lens or least dust on the lenses . Try cleaning the lens with a reputed Cd lens cleaner ..do aviod the local lens cleaner as it it more often damage your lens than do good.

rohanbee

Padawan
freshseasons said:
Think Samsung 52X rewritter can read most of the Cd's in market. I think basically you have damaged lens or least dust on the lenses . Try cleaning the lens with a reputed Cd lens cleaner ..do aviod the local lens cleaner as it it more often damage your lens than do good.

As suggested by our friend here try to buy the Philips CD lens cleaner it is for around Rs150/- try and see if it works.....best of luck :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Arey bhai kitni baar bataya ki samsung ke writer ekdum ghatiya hote hai :cry: . paise ki barbaadi :cry: . btw clean the cd writer. if it dosen't help nothing will help. dont even think of taking the writer to the authorised service center or they will ruin it further :x .

hope ur writer problem is solved just by some cleaning :p .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom