Catalyst Control Centre fails to start in WindowsXP

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
For a few months now, my fully updated Windows XP Professional desktop installation fails to start AMD Catalyst Control Centre. I have installed the latest (legacy as my graphics is Radeon HD4670) version from AMD.

The error I get is a pop-up labelled "Could not load file or assembly 'CLI.Implementation, Version=2.0.3482.36812, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e' or one of its dependecies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole ATi package.

Some online research lead me to think that it was a problem with dotNet. And the solution mentioned was to completely remove and reinstall dotNet and then install the driver/Catalyst package.
I did that but to no avail.

The driver as such seems to be working properly. (How to confirm?)

I request any further help to solve this problem.

NOTE : I had a 17" Samsung CRT earlier during which time this error had popped up. But I did not require any use of Catalyst Control Centre so had neglected it. Now I have a 21.5" DELL IPS monitor which is FullHD. I am looking for a solution to horizontal ?tearing inside windows while scrolling eg. Firefox.

Top Bottom