Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Released on Steam $30

"The game itself also has been visually updated to take better advantage of modern PC hardware."

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition out now on PC

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Released on Steam $30

"The game itself also has been visually updated to take better advantage of modern PC hardware."

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition out now on PC

Also out on many Free Game Distribution Websites..Conditions Apply.

It's 14GB.Huh.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
is it a hack and slash game like DMC with missions and upgrades of weapons and powers? hope it will run fine in my laptop, can anyone put some light ?

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

is it a hack and slash game like DMC with missions and upgrades of weapons and powers? hope it will run fine in my laptop, can anyone put some light ?
yeah hack&slash and a excellent fantasy game :cool:
it will run smooth in your machine

btw can anybody confirm which Engine it is? wiki has no info on that :|

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Finally Completed this very long Game..

Well in one word this game is Super Awesome & EPIC :wub::hyper:
Let me start with the protagonist first.
Gabriel is our main character/Hero and the standing stance of him at any point of time just shows how much brave & bold he is too face any monster/Demon or Behemoth Bosses (no matter how much huge they are even larger than Dinosaurs)
and the costume is so well designed and suits him very well (sometimes remind me of Prince of Persia costume...but Gabriel is the Sultan..errr back to topic)
and voice feels more like Jason Stathom is speaking (almost close to him if not same).
Story is also excellent (love story just like we saw in DMC4 between Nero & Kyrie)
Graphics what can I say is ground breaking/eye popping (now don't bring Crysis here) Konami has paid so much attention to bring out maximum details while porting it to PC as well as optimizing and so as the excellent Cut-Scenes (u know cut-scenes are the heart of the game).
The Beautiful Landscapes...ahhh...I still remember looking at those Splendidly Designed Landscape scenery (and I have not seen ever such masterpiece scenery in any game till now) and here each & every gamer who has played this game will agree with me on "Landscapes & Scenery" (its even 10 times better than God of War yeah!! :doublethumb:) also each and every chapter has nice environment and design
Gameplay now this is the another most important part and yes Castlevania has much much greater potential to display its gameplay (in line with other Hack &Slash RPG) ok so gameplay is fast and Gabriel can do platforming very well and you won't find any difficulty in understanding the mechanism of the game,though some people says difficulty in camera angles & combat but trust me on this "If u play it slowly enjoying it to the fullest and not in a sense of hurry to complete it ASAP u won't find camera angles bad or gameplay hard" otherwise u keep dying while platforming above lava pits doing it fast & :banghead::pullhair: will be frustrated for sure.
This game has Daggers,Holy Water,Magic,Spells,Combos (many many),Heavy attacks,Upgrade system etc and variety of enemies (some can be useful to Gabriel *nice").
and did I told u about the Deadly Demon Spell..no..ok so I won't put it in spoiler though
The Dark Demon Spell is the most ferocious attack (and Damn the Demon looks amazing in design & detail) comes handy to overcome some difficult situations.
So,I will say surely u will love all the spells here and off-course the combos (remember Kratos has Dual Blades with chain so Gabriel also has Chains of Holy cross)
Puzzles are excellent to look & think at (some are easy while some needs timing & a good thinking to solve) and Puzzles are not at all repetitive.
I missed about QTE here...well QTE are super easy to perform and are good addition in Boss Fights (oh yeah Boss Fights) you will love to watch them.
Boss Fights are many and some are Humongous (Mount Everest type)

Sound is mind blowing the background music is so good to hear(I played Darksiders 2 and that had good bg music but LoS has Damn better sound production)

everything is done now what is Left :chinscratch: oh yeah Epilogue
after the End Credits a Epilogue scene is there which is quite long and it is the most amazing (in detail & CGI) and I won't spoil this one here but it is the most surprising element at the end of the game (which u will like very very much just as much as I do) so don't forget to watch it for sure.

My Rating: 10/10

Some info: There are total 12 chapters in the main game and 2 DLC (Reverie & Resurrection) so total 12 + 1 + 1 = 14 Chapters (so don't miss the DLC also coz it has got some extra features read below for few)

If u want a more challenging Boss Fight then do play the DLCs after completing main game (coz u will encounter the Biggest tough boss which has 10 different moves in his arsenal yeah u hear right 10 different moves)

And Castlevania:LoS is now one of my all time best game (close to my heart :wub:) and I will say it's the "Must play Game before u Die..."

I will pray to God that Konami release part II also for PC :Fingerx:

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Wow a 10/10 from our reviewer. I gotta say thats a first. This game is definitely going to be on Should play list. :)

Piyush

Lanaya
@Zangetsu
This kinda of review I was waiting for. And actually I was expecting something like this as you are an hardcore fan of hack-n-slash genre :D
Still, nice piece of work

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Finally Completed this very long Game..

Well in one word this game is Super Awesome & EPIC :wub::hyper:
Let me start with the protagonist first.
Gabriel is our main character/Hero and the standing stance of him at any point of time just shows how much brave & bold he is too face any monster/Demon or Behemoth Bosses (no matter how much huge they are even larger than Dinosaurs)
and the costume is so well designed and suits him very well (sometimes remind me of Prince of Persia costume...but Gabriel is the Sultan..errr back to topic)
and voice feels more like Jason Stathom is speaking (almost close to him if not same).
Story is also excellent (love story just like we saw in DMC4 between Nero & Kyrie)
Graphics what can I say is ground breaking/eye popping (now don't bring Crysis here) Konami has paid so much attention to bring out maximum details while porting it to PC as well as optimizing and so as the excellent Cut-Scenes (u know cut-scenes are the heart of the game).
The Beautiful Landscapes...ahhh...I still remember looking at those Splendidly Designed Landscape scenery (and I have not seen ever such masterpiece scenery in any game till now) and here each & every gamer who has played this game will agree with me on "Landscapes & Scenery" (its even 10 times better than God of War yeah!! :doublethumb:) also each and every chapter has nice environment and design
Gameplay now this is the another most important part and yes Castlevania has much much greater potential to display its gameplay (in line with other Hack &Slash RPG) ok so gameplay is fast and Gabriel can do platforming very well and you won't find any difficulty in understanding the mechanism of the game,though some people says difficulty in camera angles & combat but trust me on this "If u play it slowly enjoying it to the fullest and not in a sense of hurry to complete it ASAP u won't find camera angles bad or gameplay hard" otherwise u keep dying while platforming above lava pits doing it fast & :banghead::pullhair: will be frustrated for sure.
This game has Daggers,Holy Water,Magic,Spells,Combos (many many),Heavy attacks,Upgrade system etc and variety of enemies (some can be useful to Gabriel *nice").
and did I told u about the Deadly Demon Spell..no..ok so I won't put it in spoiler though
The Dark Demon Spell is the most ferocious attack (and Damn the Demon looks amazing in design & detail) comes handy to overcome some difficult situations.
So,I will say surely u will love all the spells here and off-course the combos (remember Kratos has Dual Blades with chain so Gabriel also has Chains of Holy cross)
Puzzles are excellent to look & think at (some are easy while some needs timing & a good thinking to solve) and Puzzles are not at all repetitive.
I missed about QTE here...well QTE are super easy to perform and are good addition in Boss Fights (oh yeah Boss Fights) you will love to watch them.
Boss Fights are many and some are Humongous (Mount Everest type)

Sound is mind blowing the background music is so good to hear(I played Darksiders 2 and that had good bg music but LoS has Damn better sound production)

everything is done now what is Left :chinscratch: oh yeah Epilogue
after the End Credits a Epilogue scene is there which is quite long and it is the most amazing (in detail & CGI) and I won't spoil this one here but it is the most surprising element at the end of the game (which u will like very very much just as much as I do) so don't forget to watch it for sure.

My Rating: 10/10

Some info: There are total 12 chapters in the main game and 2 DLC (Reverie & Resurrection) so total 12 + 1 + 1 = 14 Chapters (so don't miss the DLC also coz it has got some extra features read below for few)

If u want a more challenging Boss Fight then do play the DLCs after completing main game (coz u will encounter the Biggest tough boss which has 10 different moves in his arsenal yeah u hear right 10 different moves)

And Castlevania:LoS is now one of my all time best game (close to my heart :wub:) and I will say it's the "Must play Game before u Die..."

I will pray to God that Konami release part II also for PC :Fingerx:

BUY this game then.(You have CC na?)

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Wow a 10/10 from our reviewer. I gotta say thats a first. This game is definitely going to be on Should play list. :)
Yup yup....deserves a full marks..I might have missed some more details on it.
except for camera angles issues (as I said for some *player*) this is the one not to miss
and another thing I like about this is that each & every Boss Fight has a different fighting pattern (so u will get new item every time u encounter a Boss ;) )
and not at all repetitive
and most of u in TDF have controllers so thats double the fun to njoy (though I completed it in keyboard :mrgreen:)

@Zangetsu
This kinda of review I was waiting for. And actually I was expecting something like this as you are an hardcore fan of hack-n-slash genre :D
Still, nice piece of work
Thanks for the compliment...and ya u guys will have to take large amount of time to play & complete this one (but u will feel eventually it was worth putting time in this game)

BUY this game then.(You have CC na?)
Yeah...just waiting for part 2

Top Bottom