CAS latency of the ram which one should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
What does it do to the speed & stability of the ram?

I need to buy 2gb 800 Mhz of ram & have a choice crossair & transcend.
The cost diffeence is quite a lot so need to take a carefull decision.

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Cost is 19500/- in delhi nehru place.
5-5-5-12 other choices are also there as 5-5-5-15 I have see some as 3-3-3-12 one of the users have it on this forum.
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145590

Transcend jetram 2gb dont have the specks yet (if some usinf this can give more info) cost is Rs 14000/- at delhi nehru place.

I need these for asus P5b deluxe mobo/ OVERCLOCKED

what should I buy for a high end image editing system with lots of multitasking like image processing/ music/ surfing & mail clients downloading the mail every 10 mins & chatting.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Are you sure about that?
I remember your old post so take your words. I plan to upgarde the processor when octs are launched so will I need 800 then, I have 2 choices either get the ram from abroad which u mentioned earlier in our intercation (u gave the site link) or get it via friend comming in feb.
What does the cas latency do which one should I go for even if its 667mhz

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
imo 800MHz is a bit future proof & CORSAIR would be the best bet if you're a Overclocker.

if you buy it from USA, it'll hell lot cheaper. & Corsair provides Lifetime Warranty.

Check whether the Corsair model is compatible with yours ASUS mobo. here=>
*compatible.corsairmemory.com

Off Topic
can you tell me the price of 1GB Corsair RAM in India.
Model=> Corsair CM2X512A-6400 / DDR2 Twin2X1024A-6400 800MHz - i bought this model from US two weeks ago.

Ch@0s

In the zone
ranjan2001 said:
Are you sure about that?
I remember your old post so take your words. I plan to upgarde the processor when octs are launched so will I need 800 then, I have 2 choices either get the ram from abroad which u mentioned earlier in our intercation (u gave the site link) or get it via friend comming in feb.
What does the cas latency do which one should I go for even if its 667mhz

If you can afford to spend 300$ and order in the US, get the crucial ballistix DDR2-1000. If you wanna buy locally, none of the ram justifies the premium... just get transcend 667. 2gigs will cost around 11.5k. Other than teamgroup xtreem, all other 800MHz or lower ram available now sucks cos they don't contain micron d9. That corsair someone suggested above especially sucks since it contains promos ICs which don't overclock much and die if fed anything more than 2V.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
You may call them & ask.

Tirupati enterprise
103 skipper house
62 nehru place
Niranjan
mobile no. 9350172603
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146563

I do need to overclock for sure.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
thanks for the addrs. & ph. no. @ ranjan

Ch@0s said:
That corsair someone suggested above especially sucks since it contains promos ICs which don't overclock much and die if fed anything more than 2V.
what? then why would they give Lifetime Warranty for Overclockers RAM?:confused:

& which RAM is better than the Corsair @ present scenario.

Ch@0s

In the zone
ranjan2001 said:
You may call them & ask.

Tirupati enterprise
103 skipper house
62 nehru place
Niranjan
mobile no. 9350172603

Good advise I found this one for $340
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146563

I do need to overclock for sure.

Ouch... that was 309 a few days back with free shipping :(.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
OK that helps so I leave the corsair & go for transcend 1gb x2 sticks as I surely want to reach 3Ghz with 6300. I wanted to buy 6400 but its not available last 2 days in nehru place I have been calling but no dealer is able to get this for me.

What model should I look for in transcend jet ram any info on the excat model no & cas latency I should look for?

Last edited:
OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
OK I know Sai computers I was told 7000 for 1GB stick yesterday but was not given the model no,. now I have link so can check it before buying this.
Thanks

The Kingston HyperX PC2-8500 is high-frequency memory that delivers outstanding performance. Built with only the best components, the P5B Deluxe and PC2-8500 HyperX memory are optimized for each other to reach maximum performance. Both are validated for stability and compatibility.
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820134092
Kingston HyperX PC2-8500
DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
5-5-5-15
2.2 V

Last edited:

Ch@0s

In the zone
That ram is not available in India for sure. Doesn't matter what asus recommends. As long as it is micron d9, it'll overclock sweetly.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Oh so basically its something to do with micron d9, I will inquire about kingston & see if its available or not.
Thanks

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I bought a new system but whole nehru place I could not find Transcend 1GB ram 800MGz all say its not available, meanwhile I borrowed 667 1gb ram from a friend to get the system run but had other problems, will sort that out soon.

I need some dealer contact info who can get this ram ASAP I need 2x 1GB

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
4 day back I was quoted by "Cost to Cost computers" (ahead of computer empire in same floor) for 7000, but yesterday when I went whole market did not have it.

Sai communications which I assumed to be turned out to be SMC international (my mistake) so now I need sai contact info, will wait for ur reply.
Thanks

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Thanks that helped I went to them they quoted the price 6200/- for 1gb but could not find any stock in the market, have asked me to wait till Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom