career guidance in IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jash123

Broken In
I am a fybsc(it) student. i have already done a basic course on hardware and networking from NIIT. i am intrested to opt hardware/networking/cybersecurity as a career. so where should i start to take the above mentioned courses as a career, is a degree necessary in bscit. as i am not intrested in doing it...please guide me for the same.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I would say that get your degree since it adds weight to your resume and prospective employers will be more likely to select you if you have your degree.

archananair

Broken In
I would say same go for CCNA CCNP MCSE certification it will be good for your resume and also for your career in hardware and networking.

Hrishi

Being in this IT Infrastructure industry, if there's one thing I can say to you -> hands on experience matters a lot compared to these basic certifications.
On a side note , these certificates are best when you are already working in the domain.
If you are a fresher , it hardly matters. Since , most freshers pay the money to get these certificates. Its pretty easy to get them. That's why they have lost value.

I would suggest you to focus on the degree and get as much practical experience as much you can. Rest all is just cheese.

If you sit in a networking interview , they would keep your certificates aside , and will ask you practical questions. Real life scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom