Cardboard, VR Buying Query ??? Need Help and Suggestion

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Hello All

I have a Lenovo A6000 Plus, Lenovo K3 Note and Redmi 1S in my home.

I would like to get a new VR Cardboard to experience virtual reality games, videos etc.

Now there are many Cardboard kits are available from as low as 200 to thousands of rupees. I have never used it earlier but thinking to have a good one now.

Can my phones listed above will be compatible with cardboard softwares and games.

I have read that it requires G-Sensor, Magnetometer etc. But is there any card board which can work without all those feature.

Please suggest good one, would love to get plastic one with headstrap and interaction button.

My buget is below 1000, and as low as possible.

i have seen some on amazon but not sure

ALIAN 3D Unofficial Google Cardboard(VR) (Fully Assembled): Amazon.in: Electronics

DIY Google Cardboard Virtual Reality Kit: Amazon.in: Electronics

AuraVR Virtual Reality Plastic Headset, Supports upto 6: Amazon.in: Electronics

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Please see screen shot below, it has Light, Proximity and Accelometer sensors only

Here is gsmarena link
Lenovo A6000 Plus - Full phone specifications

Screenshot_2015-07-30-04-58-18.png

is it compatible with google cardboard, or with any other VR kit

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Without magnetometer (compass), you'll have a really hard time giving input to the phone. The magnet acts like a trigger for basic input functions. Even the google cardboard app will require you to have it.

Redmi 1s and K3 note will work fine though.

Any sub Rs 200 kit would be sufficient yet inexpensive for VR experience. You'll get bored after a fortnight.

Last edited:

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Redmi 1s dont work even it has a magnetometer ,I think the position of magnetometer is also crucial.
Buy anything under 500 ,youll lile it first but will get bored soon.I guess occulus rift would be the best but it cost too much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom