Car stereo system with USB+ FM ..!! Help me to buy..!!

kool

Cyborg Agent
Guys,
dont knw where to post this question,

For my Wagon-R, I want to buy a cheapest CAR stereo with USB+FM support only!! Actually Sony Xplod stereo was is installed in my car, but now it has stopped working (5year old), so now want to change to USB support system so i can enjoy my fav. songs thru PEN-DRIVE.
I just checked my nearest local store, they are giving Chinese stereo starting range Rs.900

But i want view of u ppl... so plzzzz tell me what would be life of these stereo system? and if u knw any local relaible brand then plzzz suggest me, as Branded one costing Rs. 6000

My budget Rs. 2000

buy this.,. will cost u less than 200INR
*www.o-digital.com/uploads/2101/220...smitter_Car_Modulator_for_MP3_SL_808E_713.jpg

yes buy this for 200 or less:

eBay India: MP3 Car FM Modulator & Transmitter with Remote (item 390280780688 end time 21-Jan-2011 14:50:00 IST)

better than 900rs Chinese player.

if you're looking to buy one, get this one :

eBay India: USB Car FM Modulator Transmitter+Remote IPOD MP3 SDCard (item 170591421674 end time 21-Jan-2011 20:12:00 IST)

I bought this one few days back which is working great.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
you can go for Chinese or one listed above, but don't expect the sound quality of your Sony explode, they will not work if you have installed the amplifier or boom box.
and may be cannot drive your speakers if they are more then 6 inch
I have seen a sony explode with usb support in karol bagh delhi for for rs 2800, only thing it was two channel 25 watts (RMS) output.

If you don't want to spend that much, you can get dapic (Car Audio) they have some models for about Rs 1800 with 4 channel 25 watts (RMS) output, better than cheap Chinese one's but sound quality will be bit inferior to Sony.

Last edited:
OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
you can go for Chinese or one listed above, but don't expect the sound quality of your Sony explode, they will not work if you have installed the amplifier or boom box.
and may be cannot drive your speakers if they are more then 6 inch
I have seen a sony explode with usb support in karol bagh delhi for for rs 2800, only thing it was two channel 25 watts (RMS) output.

If you don't want to spend that much, you can get dapic (Car Audio) they have some models for about Rs 1800 with 4 channel 25 watts (RMS) output, better than cheap Chinese one's but sound quality will be bit inferior to Sony.

hey, i've only 2 speaker installed front of dashboard, as my dad is lawyer, he use car for official purpose, so he don't like too much style in car, so i don't have permission to install extra speaker at the back. Guys, tell me, what is the life of these chinese stereo or modulator???

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
:( u guys were right. Today i installed a chinese player worth Rs. 800 sound quality is very poor comparison to my old Sony! :( only fm is working good. Its bass and treble is terrible. :( my old sony still works good. Actually i.ve lost its front detachable mouth. I tried to find, but didn't get, so i was using similar mouth to system, buttons were same, but display was not working, and even my remote had broken. Only fm works and sometime cd. It was annoying because i was not able to see display. So guys, tell me. Is there any chance to add USB feature to my old sony?? Now i want to install my sony system only. I cant use modulator because i cant see radio frequency in display. or just tell me, can i use its amplifier in my chinese system? Reply..... :( :( :(

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
you can use it as an amplifier, but it will require some wire soldering and all, but then how will you install both your sony and Chinese, you will need 2 DIN rack, is it there in your car ? and the Pre Amplifier and pickup circuit of your Chinese system cannot provide the sound quality of sony so even adding it to sony as amplifier is waste
better go and search the market, you will get 2 channel new one of reputed company like sony, pioneer etc with USB in the range of 2200 to 2800 or try Dapic.
you cant add the usb to your current sony explode.

Last edited:
OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
you can use it as an amplifier, but it will require some wire soldering and all, but then how will you install both your sony and Chinese, you will need 2 DIN rack, is it there in your car ? and the Pre Amplifier and pickup circuit of your Chinese system cannot provide the sound quality of sony so even adding it to sony as amplifier is waste
better go and search the market, you will get 2 channel new one of reputed company like sony, pioneer etc with USB in the range of 2200 to 2800 or try Dapic.
you cant add the usb to your current sony explode.

Where i can get SONY under Rs.3000 ??

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
what is your location ?
i have seen it in karol bagh and in some shops in lajpat rai market in delhi.

Last edited:
OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
what is your location ?
i have seen it in karol bagh and in some shops in lajpat rai market in delhi.
Buddy, now i've only 2 option either buying new one or stick to my old sony CD system.

I'm in delhi for 15 days, by the way, My SONY CD player model is- CDX 3410S. But I lost its MOSFET so, i'm using another MOSFET which is not working good, so can i get its new MOSFET?? Where in DELHI i can get MOSFET for this old model of year 2005 ???? I'm attaching its FRONT side pic. Its similar to CDX R3000 series.
*imshopping.rediff.com/shopping/pixs/4003/s/sony3300.jpg

*t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT45AbdxOe64CqrN763kpK8Il-b_CAr08ryC2-dY5Ekyof_87Xv&t=1

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
it's not called mosfet is the transistor technology used in electronic gadgets , its face plate for car music system.
in delhi you can try your luck at lajpat rai market, in front of red fort, there are many mechanics who repair car audio system, make sure you have your car's music system with you.
for new one also you can try this market, you can find plenty here, just make sure to visit at least 3 -4 shops and do bargaining here.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
it's not called mosfet is the transistor technology used in electronic gadgets , its face plate for car music system.
in delhi you can try your luck at lajpat rai market, in front of red fort, there are many mechanics who repair car audio system, make sure you have your car's music system with you.
for new one also you can try this market, you can find plenty here, just make sure to visit at least 3 -4 shops and do bargaining here.

Thank u so much buddy....!!!!!!!! thanks a lot...!!!!!!!!!!
:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::oops::oops::oops::razz::razz::razz:

Top Bottom