Can't use both RAM sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyguy

Broken In
I have 2 DDR RAM sticks of 128 MB & 512 MB. I've been using both since last couple of months without any problem but for last couple of days whenever I use both of them together my PC restarts after 5.. 10 mins and I have to power it off and start it again. But if I use only 1 stick the comp works perfectly. what could be the problem ?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
luckyguy wrote:
I have 2 DDR RAM sticks of 128 MB & 512 MB. I've been using both since last couple of months without any problem but for last couple of days whenever I use both of them together my PC restarts after 5.. 10 mins and I have to power it off and start it again. But if I use only 1 stick the comp works perfectly. what could be the problem ?
Since u hv been using both RAM sticks for sumtime now, It is assumed tat both the Frequencies are same.
Now there can be a couple of points wich u need to ponder upon:
:arrow: If u hv additional RAM slots,try interchanging the RAM modules and see if tat works.If yes then tat particular RAM slot must be corrupted permanently or due to dust (So use a soft brush to clean the slot).
:arrow: Try to clean the RAM modules with a soft brush and see if that helps.
:arrow: Check if any one of the RAM is faulty or not on ur friend's mobo.

:idea: Please post ur results to help u better. :)

Cheers n e-peace....

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Most probably one of your RAM is faulty. Try working on one at a time, and find the faulty one, replace it with a new one, AND PEACE...

parthbarot

In the zone
no no no
i dnt think so..
i had the same problem.
i just opened my CPU and 'Ram ko thoda hila diya'
i mean just move it some times andremove and fits into slot.ur pc will start and run...
finally i had the prob oof SMPS..
so i thnk first check ur SMPS..(if u take new then cost arounf 500 as i had changed my SMPS).

and if ur ram is gone then ..its too bad.

regards,
Parth Barot.

OP
L

luckyguy

Broken In
I have checked both the slots and they are absolutely fine. Also both the RAM sticks run fine when used individually on any of the slots. It's just that they no longer work together.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Arrey this is too weird. Did u install anything off late b4 this thing occurred. This DDR RAM is too confusing man. 1 client of mine brought in a faulty RAM so we bought a new one coz that RAM dint work on my machine too. Then that dipstick went to his college and tried that RAM out it worked there. How? why? I dunno. It dint work on my machine nor his. That RAM was the one that came with his machine. It worked on his machine for almost 2 years b4 conking off. Am just :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom