Can't shoot video with my sony ericssion w550i

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuchhepepsi

Broken In
i'm right now not able to shoot video with my sony ericssion w550i. It simply displays pause and move to the main screen. However I can take pictures with the phone. I'm already resetted my phone many time. Plz help. Is that the hardware malfunction of firmware problem... Plz help!!!!

K

krazyfrog

Did not understand your problem. Can you explain more clearly what your cell is displaying?

OP
P

phuchhepepsi

Broken In
I can switch to video shoot mode but unable to shoot the video. whenever i click shoot button, it displays pause and move to the standby screen. I've tried resetting the phone settings and even reset all. Also I've freed all the 256mb available memory. Even its same. However the camera works fine while taking still pictures. Help!!!

K

krazyfrog

Try upgrading the phone's firmware to the latest version. Maybe that'll solve the problem.

OP
P

phuchhepepsi

Broken In
thanx KrazyFrog.... can you help me regarding the upgrade of the software!!! I have contacted to the sonyericsson support center and they have suggested with the same opinion. I just don't know how to upgrade the firmware... Help!!!

K

krazyfrog

The best way to upgrade firmware IMO, is to give it to a sony ericsson dealer and let them do it for you. It usually takes one day (which means you'll be without your cell for only one day) and is done for free if your cell is under warranty (which it probably would be if you bought it with bill).

OP
P

phuchhepepsi

Broken In
after your suggestion, i visited SE official site> update service. Will it be fine as per the firmware upgradation mention in the site???

K

krazyfrog

You can upgrade the firmware yourself. But the reason i suggested you take your cell to service centre and let them do the upgrade is that if something goes wrong while upgrading yourself, then your cell becomes unusable, your warranty gets void and you invariably end up at the service centre. Hence it is better to give them in the first place and let them do the dirty work for you.

OP
P

phuchhepepsi

Broken In
i think i deleted some of files during connecting to pc thinking its a virus. is there any file needed to operate the video????

OP
P

phuchhepepsi

Broken In
i've upgraded the firmware of the mobile but yet unable to operate camera for shooting video. is this due to the hardware fault? i guessed once i've inserted the charger cable with wrong direction. help what may be the problem?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
inserting the charger in the wrong direction doesn't cause any harm to the camera. i suggest you take it to the service center and explain them abt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom