Cant see WinXP Logon Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

kajal

Right off the assembly line
when i start my Win XP i cant see any logon screen, i just see a black screen. Even in safe mode nothing is visible. I tried to start Win XP using F8 & then "last known good configuration that worked " but still its of no use. I have windows 98 in other partition which is working properly. Plz suggest any help so that i can recover my WinXP without reinstalling it.

SouvikSinha

Broken In
Kajal,
Please visit *www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm for the instructions to repair Windows XP. You need to have a bootable Windows XP CD to repair it.

id10t

Broken In
seems to be a driver problem. btw this thread looks to be your problem. try the solution...it might work
*www.sahara.co.za/forum2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=142

rj2k

Broken In
Your msgina.dll or winlogon.exe is corrupted.
It is not a driver problem.
Boot from the xp cd and go to the recovery console.
format the drive and reinstall.
or try to enter setup and press r to to replace corrupted files

If you do not have a boot cd, then use a win98 boot floppy with the files on it. boot from it and replace the files in system32 folder.

This can also happen from a bad installation of a service pack or a bad system restore.

OR it can happen if the logonui.exe is corrupted.
search for it on the net and replace it using a boot floppy.

OR it can also happen if you restarted an unstable system.

OR it can happen if you installed an app such as macintosh/longhorn trans pack and it corrupted your logon files.

id10t

Broken In
actually if any of the three i.e. msgina.dll, winlogon.exe or logonui.exe gets corrupted you get an error window popping in your face which tells you about the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom