Cant log into routers web page (192.168.1.1)

z3rO

Journeyman
Look for the default router password of your router here.
Default Router Passwords - The internets most comprehensive router password database

If it still doesn't work then you'll need to reset it.

Bruteforcing anyone?? :p

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Irrespective of the case if you can't log in then just reset the settings
Look for the default router password of your router here.
Default Router Passwords - The internets most comprehensive router password database

If it still doesn't work then you'll need to reset it.

Bruteforcing anyone?? :p
If i do a reset are you sure i can get in otherwise how can i config it again

z3rO

Journeyman
If i do a reset are you sure i can get in otherwise how can i config it again

Did you try using the default password for your router? You can't configure it without getting in.

If it is a new router, then there is nothing to lose. Reset it. If it is already configured then resetting it will clear all the configuration setting.

Look at the bottom of your router for the default login credentials. If it still doesn't work then you(or someone) must have changed the password.

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Did you try using the default password for your router? You can't configure it without getting in.

If it is a new router, then there is nothing to lose. Reset it. If it is already configured then resetting it will clear all the configuration setting.

Look at the bottom of your router for the default login credentials. If it still doesn't work then you(or someone) must have changed the password.
All was fine until some days back,I was logging in with the default pass and user name but all of a sudden cant log in and I dint change the pass

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan

All was fine until some days back,I was logging in with the default pass and user name but all of a sudden cant log in and I dint change the pass

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
after resetting you have to manually set your pc ip to 192.168.1.x & use default login/pass & as for configuring just search this forum use google,you will get tons of guides.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
+1 To resetting router to factory settings.

I used to have the same problem with my router, the router just did not allow me to login even though I hadn't changed the password.

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
any firmware update applied before?
and what is the model number of the Router?
Try changing the browser,disable pop up blocker and run the browser with Admin rights.

Hrishi

Just simply hard reset it . That will do the job.
And by factory defaults the Dhcp server is on so your pc will get ip automatically if its set that way.
Just check the gateway address , in the adaptor properties and direct your browser to that address.
Enter the defaults credentials. That's it.

goldstar

New to this forum
Cant log into routers web page (192.168.1.1)

The Same Problem I am facing.Hope I will get ideas by upper post.
And how try using the default password for your router?

Top Bottom