Can't Install Win XP / Win 7 | Need Help

My brother's lappi model Compaq 610 had os XP while he bought it 6 months back. Core 2 duo / 300 GB Hdd / 3 GB RAM.

Few days back the O/S crashed. I wanted to install xp sp2 but it gives BSOD in the process.

Then I tried to install Win 7 but could not. It gives "0x80070570" error while it completes 41% of expanding files. I could not figure out what might be the problem.

I tried every possible option of deleting all the partitions, creating partitions while installing win 7. The partitions are created successfully. But same error occurs repeatedly.

I tried creating partitions using Ubuntu live cd and then install win 7 but the same error occurs.

Partitions can be created without any problem. formatting also gives no error.

please help what is the problem that I can not install either of Win XP or Win 7.

The XP and Win 7 installer disks are used elsewhere and they are working fine.

I can't even run XP Live CD. It also gives BSOD.

Last edited:

hackerzlab

Journeyman
looks like its some faulty issue with the hardware.

i remember while in school, a friend couldn't go beyond certain point while installing windows XP on his Athlon processor due to the faulty processor!

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
My brother's lappi model Compaq 610 had os XP while he bought it 6 months back. Core 2 duo / 300 GB Hdd / 3 GB RAM.

Few days back the O/S crashed. I wanted to install xp sp2 but it gives BSOD in the process.

Then I tried to install Win 7 but could not. It gives "0x80070570" error while it completes 41% of expanding files. I could not figure out what might be the problem.

I tried every possible option of deleting all the partitions, creating partitions while installing win 7. The partitions are created successfully. But same error occurs repeatedly.

I tried creating partitions using Ubuntu live cd and then install win 7 but the same error occurs.

Partitions can be created without any problem. formatting also gives no error.

please help what is the problem that I can not install either of Win XP or Win 7.

The XP and Win 7 installer disks are used elsewhere and they are working fine.

I can't even run XP Live CD. It also gives BSOD.

Yeah..I agree it might be a problem with the hardware. A possiblity of corrupt RAM (I guess). It had happened sevral times to me too.

Top Bottom