Cant Access My drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabilao_777

Right off the assembly line
thanks a lot for the reply..

i really appreciate it...

i already did what you said. i did not see any autorun.inf files.there is no virus according to avg. my problem is that when i double click the drive containing my flash drive, i could not open it.it will only open if i use the right click button and clicking open..with these signs still present, i believe my drive is still infected... is there no other alternative solution?

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Dont worry we can solve this problem for sure, I did it so can u too.

Do u remember if u earlier deleted autorun.inf (itself its not a virus) this files gives command to start the virus so when u connect it starts.

This is what I posted earlier

I got to know the virus (trojan) named inform.exe.

It had created 2 folders on my portable drive from which it spread to my E & F drives.

folders created were following:
msconfig
rm

both were hidden
the portable drive had autorun.inf file which was changed to the following content which was activating on connecting & asking to run the program (which I was not doing)

[AutoRun]
open=infrom.exe
shellexecute=infrom.exe
shell\Auto\command=infrom.exe
shell=Auto

The source of the virus was the comp at the guy's shop which partitioned & formatted my newly bought portable drive.

Now the virus is gone but opening the E & F drive pops up the "Open with" command asking me to choose the application, so I still cant open the drive from there since it has made some change to the registry.

can u post screen shot of the root drive where I can see the folders & files & also post screen shot of right click options so we know what exactly u are dealing with.

cabilao_777

i never deleted any autorun.inf files....
it all started in the internet cafe..AVG detected a virus.then the computer crashed. it restarted all by itself.the "Open with" first appeared after that crash...everytime i try to access my flsh drive thru double click, the "open with" appears..I connected it to my computer at home..i scanned it using avg..a virus was detected..i moved it to the virus vault..i scanned it again 3-4 times..there was no more virus according to avg.surprisingly, the "open with' window came out when i tried to access my drive thru double click...
i was so troubled that i searched for "infrom.exe" thru google..this forum was one of the links..i followed the instructions from this thread like "showing hidden files, restarting several times,etc.." when i showed all files including the hidden files, i was surprised because there was really no autorun.inf files and others...
my questions:

there are times when i connect my drive to other pcs...when double clicking, the drive is opened, no more "open with" windows..what does this mean? there are also other pcs that when i connect my drive, the "open with" window comes out...i just dont understand..
i also tried to connect my drive in my PC here in the office...the "open with" window did not appear, but when i double click the drive, it opens another window..this is not usual...
then when i disconnected my drive and tried to access drive C it no longer opens when i double click the corresponding icon....i have to use right click and choose open to access the drive....

this really seems like a very big problem...i cant see information or even instances that this ever happened...the problem that you once had was kinda different...

please help me...
thank you so much for the time and effort you spend answering my posts....

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I actually need to see screenshots ......I know how much problem is this.................................but be rest assured this can be cured. Need screenshots please.

open Mycomputer > right click the usb drive >press the printscreen button above Insert key, this will take a jpeg image now open the MS paint & copy this file & save as jpeg.

then go to *www.myimgs.net upload that new image whichu saved , once uploaded on top of the image u will get a link, post that link here so we can see ur screen.

do the same for yr flash drive root folder (show all hidden files)& take screen shot & reapete above method.

Connecting to office computer & not having a problem means that comp is not infected but ur home comp is still infected or the usb drive we need to find that out.

Or the best method is always to format the HDD, but tahts silly bcoz this virus can easily be treated.

cabilao_777

hi...i could not give u a screenshot of my pc since i havent gone home yet..however, i am posting two links here..these are screenshots of what happens to my pc here in the office.the second link is what appears when i double click the drive..:(
*myimgs.net/images/bwak.bmp
*myimgs.net/images/eygi.bmp

cabilao_777

there are some sites that are blocked here in the office..
unfortunately, the link where i can post the pic is now blocked.
i guess the administrator found out..
is there no other site wher ei can upload the pics?
i am sorry for the mess...

cabilao_777

sorry for not updating for quite a long time..
i was busy doing my thesis...
i just let the virus live in my system for some time..

now, i think i already know what this is all about..
it's a virus named "taga lipa are"...
it's a virus made by a Filipino..
who wants to get everybody's attention..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom