Canon A560 draining batteries very Quickly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys,

I purchased a Canon A560 digital camera a few weeks back. I used the bundled "Panasonic Industrial Alkaline" batteries and took around 150 snaps with them!

After getting "Change the batteries" message i promptly removed those batteries and replaced them with a new pair of "AA Alkaline" type eveready batteries, but to my surprise the batteries lasted only for 5 snaps! I thought it might be a problem with the batteries, so i again replaced them with a new pair of "NIPPO" batteries but it was the same story again...

They just lasted for 5-6 snaps and the camera switched off and I got the message "Change the batteries"...

Is it the problem with the camera? or should i use more powerful NiMH or NiCD type of batteries??

gulgulumaal

Broken In
Yes, u need to get better batteries. Get some NiMH batteries with atleast 2000-2500 mAH capacity and a charger. Wont cost u much. Each battery would cost around 80 rupees or so. U can get it from camera shops or electronics shops

OP
jack_the_ripper

jack_the_ripper

Dragon!
^^ thanks man!

thought the normal alkaline batteries would be sufficient..!

i'll get the NiMH batteries and charger as u suggested.. Any particular brand tat u cud suggest?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Get yourself UNIROSS *www.uniross.com/consumer_html/see_product.php?ref=RB104359 I use these ones with A460, got it for Rs.750 4 batteries with charger. BTW, didn't you get 2 UNIROSS batteries with charger free with your canon A560 camera.......because when I had bought the A460 a couple of months ago, it was bundled with the camera along with those panasonic alkaline batteries.

OP
jack_the_ripper

jack_the_ripper

Dragon!
I was told that there was no such offer with A560 when i bought it. The offer u talking about was available with the A550. Anyways will be getting the sony NiMH batteries+charger for around Rs 1000. He quoted 1200 for em but finally came down to 1k. Is this a good buy?

gowtham

Journeyman
^^ i had the exactly same problem. these cams generelly dont work ordinary batts. either use the high powered ones like duracell or go for rechargable ones. i got 6*2700mAH+Fast charger for rs 1200 (chamelion) in hyd. so u got a pretty good offer!
link- Batteries - *camelion.com/rechargeable/ni-mh/nh-aa2600.html
charger- *camelion.com/chargers/plug-in/bc0618.html
Note- these batts have very high power and last really long. they lasted about 9-10months of heavy usage for me. now they r dead and i am getting new ones!
OFF topic- the cam jus rocks!

OP
jack_the_ripper

jack_the_ripper

Dragon!
Haven't used sony so can't say. BTW, how many batteries are you getting and what's its rating?

im getting 4 2500 mAh batteries (sony) with the charger for 1k.. He has sanyo and uniross also for 750.

@gowtham, the batteries u suggested looks good.. can u tell me the cost of both rechargeable and non-rechargeable camelion batteries? Where'd u get em in hyd?

gowtham

Journeyman
^^ i dont know the cost of the non-rechargeable ones. as i told, i got 6*2700mAH batts+1 fast charger(4 cell) for rs1.2k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom