Cannot install Office 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

guhanath

Journeyman
Hi,

I am trying to install office 2007 ultimate in my system. when it reaches about 75% it rolls back and gives error 1402: cannot open registry key, check your permissions. i opened the registry editor and given the permission to specified keys but it keep on giving it for several registry entries. It is frustrating. even i tried to install as administrator/run as administrator but keep on getting this errors.

What could be the possible reason and what is the simplest solution for this?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
office 2007 ultimate

That warez version? Install an original.

There are copies of office 07 floating around in warez sites calling it "ultimate" because it comes with sp1 integrated.

paroh

Padawan
simple step Go to run->regedit-> right click on whole key like HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
permissions and set the user permission to allow.

Do the same think with all other keys in the registry

HKEY_CURRENT-USER
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
HKEY_USERS
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Hi,

I am trying to install office 2007 ultimate in my system. when it reaches about 75% it rolls back and gives error 1402: cannot open registry key, check your permissions. i opened the registry editor and given the permission to specified keys but it keep on giving it for several registry entries. It is frustrating. even i tried to install as administrator/run as administrator but keep on getting this errors.

What could be the possible reason and what is the simplest solution for this?

What os you are using, Vista or xp?
if vista then firs enable admin account then run setup from that account.
This may solve your problem surely.
To activate the administrator account in Vista:

1. Logon to Windows Vista with normal user account username and password (must belongs to Administrators group).
  2. Click on Vista Start button, and type cmd in the Start Search box.
  3. Right click on the Cmd returned on the search results pane above, then select Run as Administrator.
  4. In the Command Prompt window, type the following text at the command line to set a password for administrator account. If you want to use a blank password for the Administrator account, skip this step. net user administrator password
    Replace password with the actual password string that you have chosen. Press Enter when done.Note that if your computer is a member of domain controller or has enabled complex password requirement in Local Security Policy, you will have to pick a really hard to remember password mixed with symbols.
  5. Next type the following command and press Enter to activate and enable Administrator account: net user administrator activate:yes
  6. The process should completed with the following message: The command completed successfully
    If not success message is returned, repeat the process again.
  7. Logout from Vista by choosing Log Off or Switch User.
  8. Click on Administrator icon and logon with the password you selected.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Then do a update check now.
I don't think updates are a problem but install it in a Administrator account. A limited account cannot install software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom