Cannot install HalfLifeII

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubhav_har

In the zone
Hi friends... I got a set o Half Life II Cds and while installing in the 4th CD it gives an error that hl2.ico1 file not found and ends the installation prematurely... Kindly Help... Its an orginal Box Pack Version...
My PC Specs:
P4 2.4Ghz
ASUS P4 GE-MX motherboard
512mb 333mhz RAM
128mb GeForce FX5200 Graphics Card

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
This ought to have been in the Gamerz section.

Anyway, as you say that the game gives an error while installation, the installation disk must be corrupted. Try to see if the shop keeper agrees for a new copy in exchange for this one.

In case he doesn't the next step will be more difficult. You will be required to send the game to the publishers so that they can send you a new copy. Now that would be quite a bit of a hassle.

One thing that you can do however is this. Since you say that you have the original game, you must be having the game CD key. Simply login to Steam with your account and register your HL2 CD key. Now under the names of "My Games", you will see that HL2 and a few other games listed. Now download the game contents via Steam and play.

I know downloading the whole game can be a hassle, but thats the best thing rather then sending it all the way to USA for a new copy.

ghost24

Right off the assembly line
inorder to install the game properly u have to select both hl2 as well as counterstrike source to install while running the installation. try it, it will work.

Prashray

In the zone
I don't think that it is necessary to install Counterstrike: Source for the proper installment of HL2.
I think you should tell the shop-keeper to exchange your copy of HL2 for a new one as it is corrupted.

ghost24

Right off the assembly line
there is nothing wrong with ur cd's, i got the same problem when i installed only hl2, then tried anstalling both n it worked. anyways this problem is given in the support section of steampowered.com here is the link, check it out

*steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9NQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

domin8r

Journeyman
That'll pay you for buying the original pack. Like Steam ,dude? Congrats now you're stuck with a game that does'nt work, plus it costs you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom