Candle Power...:)

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
imagine hundreds of candles connected in serial. "Bhaba Candle-Electric Power plant, New Delhi"

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
One thing i noticed today, shouldn't the circuit needs to be closed for powering the light up ?

In the above example the circuit seems to be open.

Again. My physics is very bad. LOL if i'm wrong. :)

Aberforth

The Internationalist
desertwind said:
One thing i noticed today, shouldn't the circuit needs to be closed for powering the light up ?

Well if there is a strong electric field between the terminals the circuit is still closed without the wires. But in this case the distance between the candles in large and there is no way an electric field could form between two candles at such distance to form a circuit. Seriously, 3 volt is way too much to be generated from such an arrangement.

desertwind said:

Exactly .The Circuit is still open. and the two candles should be on different volts to have a voltage drops b/n them..so that the current will flow..and even if one is comparatively +ve and other -ve,they still dont form a loop..and that much(3V) is tooooooooooooo less to cause dielectric breakdown of air.:???:

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
Someone should try this and then post results

i m very bad in physics

but it looks like against laws of physics

wither that guy is fake or Einstein is

abhijangda

Padawan
i tried it too frnds and it didn't work. even if u tries to apply peltier or seeback effect.
even then it will not work, coz circuit is incomplete. both of the candles should be joined forming a loop so that electrons can flow frm one candle to another easily. so i think there must be some trick involved. but really good video.

pauldmps

Banned
That guy is the stupidest & lamest person in the world. He clearly puts his one hand under the table while switching on and off the devices.
That experiment simply defies the most obvious laws of physics.

Top Bottom