Can you give ideas for good laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
I am an software engineering student and have with my own website. I had a desktop PC at home which I did most of my programming works. Now that I have shifted to Delhi for higher studies I found I really need a laptop for a lot of my computer works. I want one which has the minimum features in these order

1) 512 MB DDR
2) 1.5 GHz CPU
3) DVD-RW Drive
4) 1024 X 768 Screen Resolution (in optimal mode, not forced)
5) Wireless Connectivity
5) Bluetooth (Preferred)
6) 60 GB HDD
7) All the nit bits required for a broadband connection and networking
8) Good graphics and sound cards.

Could you suggest a laptop with the above specifications? I have a most stretchable budget of Rs. 65000/- for the laptop. I would prefer if the laptop could be of some reputed brand like Dell, IBM, HP, Compaq or Sony.

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
Aberforth said:
I am an software engineering student and have with my own website. I had a desktop PC at home which I did most of my programming works. Now that I have shifted to Delhi for higher studies I found I really need a laptop for a lot of my computer works. I want one which has the minimum features in these order

1) 512 MB DDR
2) 1.5 GHz CPU
3) DVD-RW Drive
4) 1024 X 768 Screen Resolution (in optimal mode, not forced)
5) Wireless Connectivity
5) Bluetooth (Preferred)
6) 60 GB HDD
7) All the nit bits required for a broadband connection and networking
8) Good graphics and sound cards.

Could you suggest a laptop with the above specifications? I have a most stretchable budget of Rs. 65000/- for the laptop. I would prefer if the laptop could be of some reputed brand like Dell, IBM, HP, Compaq or Sony.

go for atleast 2.6 ghz. u wld regret it later. with many laptops coming with 3.2ghz u'll feel slowed down. dont know abt the exact model but hp laptops are good. as u dont bother abt travelling dont go on weight. light compu generally have config only for working purposes.

OP
Aberforth

Aberforth

The Internationalist
I am not going for too tiny laptops either as the keyboards and screen becomes uncomfortable. What do you think about Sony Vaio VGN B77?

I have narrowed down on three notebooks.

1) Sony VAIO VGN B77
2) Samsung X20 EXT
3) Compaq Presario B2816

Which one of these would be the best choice?

Any additional laptops will be welcome. :)

I couldn't put HP nc6220 as at 90000+, it is quite beyond my budget. I would be able to stretch at most to 75000 if DVD RW and mouse comes as standard, otherwise 65000 (as I'll have to buy external DVD Writer and Mouse)

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
@aberforth dont know abt the screens but u get used to any type of keyboard for general puposes. though chk for games. they can get nasty with wrong keyboard config.

OP
Aberforth

Aberforth

The Internationalist
Sony VAIO VGN B77 is out of stock. :( The option available now is VAIO FJ57GP at Rs. 70000/- What is your opinion on this compared to Compaq Presario B2816? Which do you think would be a better value for money?

Sourabh

Laptoping
Why not consider a Dell? If you want it within 60k budget Look at the Inspiron 6000 you can customize it according to your needs along with the DVD writer. If you extend your budget a little more to around 70k, you can even get the new Inspiron 9400 with Intel Core Duo.

Check Dell India website.

sandeepthapa31

Broken In
Dude,

1. i am using IBM, T-53 since 2001. Though people may call this laptop a tin box but it was worth than. Now I got a lenovo T-43. This is cool guys. It has blutooth, wifi, biometrics (finger print recognition this is very handy), the note book is very light and very agronomically designed,. Kindly check these things before you buy one note book,

Service centres, IBM's serveces is good boss my own experience
check for the weight of the note book including the complete cover and power cord
Features.........ha...ha dont go for those features which you would not use ever,
check the agronomic design should be very user friendly,
Check screen resolution
Should be sturdy like a Nokia phone
Go for powder coted covers (Lenovo comes in this mode now a days),
Regarding DVD writer, do you really need it, boss now a days you get all those Hard drives with huge capacity, I store in them, do the same, I carry loads on them, These are less cumbersome you need not have to go back home to get one and no need to store them.
check the features like back lighton key pads-lenovo/IBM think have that one on them and finally not the least
Check for the asthetic sense/flaunt value and also the weight of wads that you gonna loose.
so enjoy and buy yourself a new machine-dont forget to check our dear digit mag, they give excellent reviews boss, though at times it is exggerated. Ha....Ha....Ha... never mind. :lol: :twisted: :eek:

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
goobimama said:
Have you given thought to an Apple iBook/Powerbook or the MacBook Pro?

milind no one will understand what macs are all about in this forum.

Anyways, Dell Inspiron 6000 or 630m will be good enough for your needs.

sandeepthapa31

Broken In
ravimevcha said:
no one talking abt IBM Thinkpad.. can anyone suggest any good thinkpad model.. i m also planning to buy one

Buddy,

Go for T43, this model is great. I got it two weeks + back. This is light, it has got comfortable key pads and good resting place for your palm. The resolution is good and moreso it has got decent to good features including finger print recognition (so I dont have any hassel for passwords) and also loaded with blue tooth, only thing it doesnt have firewire port. :evil: :evil:
Priced decently at 70k, its a good stuff. By the way, Lenovo has shifted its assembling plant to Pondicherry, now no product from Hongkong. :twisted: :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom