Can we run WINDOWS programs on LINUX??

Status
Not open for further replies.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Hello,
Can anyone tell me if we can run Windows programs (.exe files) in Linux (like SUSE, FC3, etc.) ???
Also, is the vice-versa possible too???

kaysquare

Journeyman
Hi all,

if anyone can comeup with a guide/tut for wine , it will be good.

I myself tried running windows programs on wine..
I was able to run winRAR but was not able to install photoshop...

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
The vice versa is possible but I don`t remember the software name.In my lab we did unix programming in windows using a software.Shall let you know.

cryptid

Journeyman
kaysquare said:
Hi all,

if anyone can comeup with a guide/tut for wine , it will be good.

I myself tried running windows programs on wine..
I was able to run winRAR but was not able to install photoshop...

Y did u run WInRAR using Wine Linux has it own WinRAR on a debian Based Distro try typing "Sudo apt-get install RAR" in Terminal or Use alien and try converting the package to .rpm or what so ever and try installing it on ur Sys

akshar

Broken In
It's not that gd

Running small programs is ok wiht WINE. But it's a very lame tool. It's better to use windoes itself :)

kaysquare

Journeyman
cryptid said:
Y did u run WInRAR using Wine Linux has it own WinRAR on a debian Based Distro try typing "Sudo apt-get install RAR" in Terminal or Use alien and try converting the package to .rpm or what so ever and try installing it on ur Sys

I was trying to run windows proggies on WINE. I tried to install photoshop and that didnt go through so i tried winrar and it worked.

K

kp_dude2000

windows programs on linux

Hi guyz

try crossover office. this will run most of the windows software on linux. such as ms office, coreldraw, pagemaker, internet explorer, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom