Can we run GTA V and Win 10 with these specs

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

My friend wants to buy the following laptop

*support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/6936226/model/7132445/product-info/

Buy HP 15-R007TX 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i5 4210U/4GB/1TB/DOS/Nvidia GeForce GT 820M 2GB DDR3 Graphics/with Laptop Bag), Black Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Now 2 questions-

1. Can we run GTA V and Windows 10 flawlessly with the specs of this lappy? GTA V's system requirements are as follows

*support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203428177-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-PC-System-Specs

2. Since it has DOS, please give me a step by step guide how to insall Win 7 in the laptop till the time Win 10 is released and how to download drivers and do partition etc.

Thanks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Laptops with anything below 840M aren't recommended for gaming at all as 840M is able to run recent games at low-med settings. I recommend either buy a laptop with DDR5 850M/860M or wait for laptops with DDR5 950M/960M.

DON'T GET ANYTHING BELOW 840M.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Laptops with anything below 840M aren't recommended for gaming at all as 840M is able to run recent games at low-med settings. I recommend either buy a laptop with DDR5 850M/860M or wait for laptops with DDR5 950M/960M.

DON'T GET ANYTHING BELOW 840M.

Thanks for replying dear. Can you please give me the names of the laptop models which have the processors that you are saying? And what about the second question?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks for replying dear. Can you please give me the names of the laptop models which have the processors that you are saying? And what about the second question?
Lenovo Y50-70 is cheapest one you can find with DDR5 860M (it is the GPU and not the CPU)
Laptops with DDR5 850M aren't released in India. :facepalm:

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Lenovo Y50-70 is cheapest one you can find with DDR5 860M (it is the GPU and not the CPU)
Laptops with DDR5 850M aren't released in India. :facepalm:

Brother any other brand except the Chinese one? The max range of my friend is 39k so suggest accordingly.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Brother any other brand except the Chinese one? The max range of my friend is 39k so suggest accordingly.
I doubt you'll find any laptop which is able to run GTA 5 at respectable resolution and settings in that budget, considering Laptops with 840M are above 42k budget.

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I doubt you'll find any laptop which is able to run GTA 5 at respectable resolution and settings in that budget, considering Laptops with 840M are above 42k budget.

Thanks bro. He has increased his budget to 42k, he will take the loan from my pocket money lol. Anyways please suggest some models now which will run GTA 5 and Win 10 flawlessly.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks bro. He has increased his budget to 42k, he will take the loan from my pocket money lol. Anyways please suggest some models now which will run GTA 5 and Win 10 flawlessly.

Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (59-419439) Rs.44990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (59-419439) SIlver Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com
Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) (3542541TB2BT) Rs.45888 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) (3542541TB2BT) Black Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

GTA 5 is yet to be released for windows which means one can't say how it will perform on laptops GPUs. Given recent games are demanding, it won't be wrong to assume that lower end laptop GPU may not suffice. I'm still saying increase budget to get a laptop with DDR5 850M/860M/950M/960M or assemble a desktop (with GTX 750 Ti minimum) if playing GTA 5 and other recent games is a priority.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Define flawlessly first.

By that I meant that GTA V and Win 10 should not hang or they should not be slow to load etc.

Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (59-419439) Rs.44990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (59-419439) SIlver Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com
Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) (3542541TB2BT) Rs.45888 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) (3542541TB2BT) Black Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

GTA 5 is yet to be released for windows which means one can't say how it will perform on laptops GPUs. Given recent games are demanding, it won't be wrong to assume that lower end laptop GPU may not suffice. I'm still saying increase budget to get a laptop with DDR5 850M/860M/950M/960M or assemble a desktop (with GTX 750 Ti minimum) if playing GTA 5 and other recent games is a priority.

Brother the Dell laptop and Lenovo that you have mentioned have 840M only, the HP one that my friend selected has the same 840M processor. Win 10 and GTA V is the priority as of now.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
By that I meant that GTA V and Win 10 should not hang or they should not be slow to load etc.
Games don't hang, they lag, it depends on what res you are playing at. I am sure even a mid-high budget laptop comes with 1080p screen, and going by that you can't expect a laptop worth 50k, having a 820M or whatever it has can run GTA V smoothly on even medium settings. It will lag. If you are looking at a lag free experience in medium settings then I think you need to spend at least 70-75k.

And Lenovo is one of the most trusted laptop brand out there, don't know who put you the Chinese nonsense in your brain but that's just plain idiotic.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
^ the amazon link says 820M :|

Ah, I just checked that. The quotation that we got from a store, the person wrote 840M so I thought that would be case. Maybe he wrongly wrote it.

Windows 10 is going to require 1 gb ram to run.

I guess in our budget we will get 1gb of RAM.

Games don't hang, they lag, it depends on what res you are playing at. I am sure even a mid-high budget laptop comes with 1080p screen, and going by that you can't expect a laptop worth 50k, having a 820M or whatever it has can run GTA V smoothly on even medium settings. It will lag. If you are looking at a lag free experience in medium settings then I think you need to spend at least 70-75k.

And Lenovo is one of the most trusted laptop brand out there, don't know who put you the Chinese nonsense in your brain but that's just plain idiotic.

Brother if we don't play GTA V online then will it lag much? I mean the max budget now is 42k, is it possible to get a laptop in this range that can run GTA V fine if not smoothly? Man all the shopkeepers said that Lenovo and Acer sucks to the core. They said that both these brands have crap customer support and their hardware quality sucks too. Kindly suggest a Lenovo or any other brand that you prefer within our range.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ah, I just checked that. The quotation that we got from a store, the person wrote 840M so I thought that would be case. Maybe he wrongly wrote it.

I guess in our budget we will get 1gb of RAM.

Brother if we don't play GTA V online then will it lag much? I mean the max budget now is 42k, is it possible to get a laptop in this range that can run GTA V fine if not smoothly? Man all the shopkeepers said that Lenovo and Acer sucks to the core. They said that both these brands have crap customer support and their hardware quality sucks too. Kindly suggest a Lenovo or any other brand that you prefer within our range.

Buy any laptop with 840M but don't expect to play GTA 5 or other recent games at good resolution and settings. ( I doubt it'll run at 25 fps or higher even at lowest settings/resolution)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Why is everyone assuming GTA 5 to have super high minimum requirements.. Its a game made for 7th gen consoles, that includes the Xbox 360 !! ..the official system requirements state, it requires a 9800 GT, a 512 MB GPU from a millenia ago..
Im sure a 840M should be able to handle it atleast at low settings
According to Notebookcheck, 840M is 10 % better than GTS 450 which was inturn a 5-8% upgrade over 9800 GT, so im positive, he should be able to play GTA 5 comfortably atleast at low settings

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Buy any laptop with 840M but don't expect to play GTA 5 or other recent games at good resolution and settings. ( I doubt it'll run at 25 fps or higher even at lowest settings/resolution)

Thanks. Last questions what does this fps mean? And how to install windows, drivers and do partition in a laptop with DOS?

Why is everyone assuming GTA 5 to have super high minimum requirements.. Its a game made for 7th gen consoles, that includes the Xbox 360 !! ..the official system requirements state, it requires a 9800 GT, a 512 MB GPU from a millenia ago..
Im sure a 840M should be able to handle it atleast at low settings
According to Notebookcheck, 840M is 10 % better than GTS 450 which was inturn a 5-8% upgrade over 9800 GT, so im positive, he should be able to play GTA 5 comfortably atleast at low settings

Yea that was what I was also thinking

Grand Theft Auto V system requirements | Can I Run Grand Theft Auto V

Is there any way that we can ask RG the same question. I can't seem to find their email address.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
fps is frames per second for short.. It means the number of images displayed on the screen per second while playing.. A higher fps value means smoother gameplay.. Lags and stutters are a result of low fps..
Typically 30 fps is the minimum framerate you should aim for, to be considered playable.. 60 fps on the other hand is fluid and awesome to play ..
GTA 5 with 840M should be able to achieve 30+ with low settings easily, my two cents.. You neednt ask anyone, just wait for a couple more days and search gameplay videos of GTA V on youtube running on 840M
Good luck

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks. Last questions what does this fps mean? And how to install windows, drivers and do partition in a laptop with DOS?

Yea that was what I was also thinking

Grand Theft Auto V system requirements | Can I Run Grand Theft Auto V

Is there any way that we can ask RG the same question. I can't seem to find their email address.

FPS= Frames per second or frame rate. The higher you can get, the better.
Frame rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*www.google.co.in/search?q=installing+windows+7

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Dude, go to game debate site and check the recommended specifications. There are other requirements too, I mean minimum and others.

I can't help you with any model in particular as I don't even know what laptops are there, don't care, I hate laptops for anything other than work related stuffs.

Please send me the phone no. of of that guy who said to you that Lenovo has bad hardware quality or poor ASS. I can guarantee you that he won't say the same to you again. I have two Lenovo laptops, one from Pentium era, and another Core i3, B490, they both work fine, there is absolutely no problem at all, and customer care IMHO is excellent. Cause I had to change the CD-RW of the Pentium era one and they helped me within few minutes.

That's all.

Top Bottom