Can we change faulty parts of motherboard ?

sunzeal

Broken In
Hi

Last week my charging port of my ASUS motherboard in my laptop got damaged and is not working properly, so person from service center came and told that he will have to change the whole motherboard ( free as it's under warranty ).

Now 3 days later they call and tell's me that that " They Don't have any new motherboard so you send your laptop to service center and they will put a new charging port module in motherboard ".

So i had a doubt because, i doubt you can directly desolder the components of motherboard and put new ones by soldering.

So just wanted to ask whether it is possible to do that ? and if yes, can they solder it with the quality that machines does during production because they will have to manually solder and desolder components and place new ones.

I think ASUS people are cheating on me, so thought to ask.

Generally when their is problem in motherboard parts the whole motherboard get's replaced with refurbished / new one.

My warranty is expiring in 2 weeks, and new motherboard costs 12k so i don't want to take any risks now.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Charging port can be easily replaced with new ones i Bet they cant take out your GPU because it is soldered too..

Top Bottom