Can TP Link Archer C60 support 300mbps broadband connection?

mohityadavx

Youngling
I was using a 100 Mbps internet connection and the router is working fine. I recently upgraded it to 300mbps and my ISP is saying that the router doesn't support a 300mbps connection and that is why I am still getting 100mbps speed. I am having a hard time believing it. Can you guys let me know if that is the case?
Thanks

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Before buying a router, you should study its detailed specifications mentioned on the manufacturer product page. For Archer C60 it’s here Archer C60 | AC1350 Wireless Dual Band Router | TP-Link India

You have 300Mbps connection, but as per specs C60 only has 100Mbps WAN & LAN ports, which means the data from ISP can come into the router at thruput of Max 100Mbps. (Assuming you are connected to ISP by Ethernet cable at WAN port) Now the 5Ghz band of C60 theoretically operating at 867Mbps is of no use as it will still be capped at 100Mbps due to the 100Mbps limitation of WAN port. Hope it’s clear.

Also note that the ISP speed is what you can possibly aim to get on Wired Ethernet connection, actual WiFi speeds can be lower than that due to several constraints and limitations.

Go for a Dual Band router that has 1Gbps (1000Mbps) WAN & LAN Ports, only then you can enjoy actual 300Mbps connection at least on Ethernet. Specs should read Gigabit or Gbps or 10/100/1000Mbps like that.

Last edited:
OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
Got it. Can you recommend something that I should buy? C60 as far as terms of coverage was concerned works fine.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Before buying a router, you should study its detailed specifications mentioned on the manufacturer product page. For Archer C60 it’s here Archer C60 | AC1350 Wireless Dual Band Router | TP-Link India

You have 300Mbps connection, but as per specs C60 only has 100Mbps WAN & LAN ports, which means the data from ISP can come into the router at thruput of Max 100Mbps. (Assuming you are connected to ISP by Ethernet cable at WAN port) Now the 5Ghz band of C60 theoretically operating at 867Mbps is of no use as it will still be capped at 100Mbps due to the 100Mbps limitation of WAN port. Hope it’s clear.

Also note that the ISP speed is what you can possibly aim to get on Wired Ethernet connection, actual WiFi speeds can be lower than that due to several constraints and limitations.

Go for a Dual Band router that has 1Gbps (1000Mbps) WAN & LAN Ports, only then you can enjoy actual 300Mbps connection at least on Ethernet. Specs should read Gigabit or Gbps or 10/100/1000Mbps like that.

Also to add the cable that you are using to connect from modem to router and router to PC should be good quality CAT 5e or higher.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Got it. Can you recommend something that I should buy? C60 as far as terms of coverage was concerned works fine.

As @chimera201 said, pls check your cables, often if provided with the modem by the ISP, the. They are cat5e as they usually cheap out on cables. You might need to check it by connecting it to pc if possible as sometimes the label can be misleading. I know a ISP who gives cables with cat 6 label but in reality they are cat 5e and without any insulation.

Top Bottom