Can my motherboard support this CPU?

BHU5HAN

Broken In
My motherboard Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3L(rev 3.1) is Socket AM3+ ready. So I wanna change my CPU to AMD FX-8350, but I have little doubt that "Will my motherboard support AMD FX-8350?"

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Not Sure
both have the same socket but, cant figure out why the CPU isn't listed in the Supported Processors list in the MOBO Website.

Wait for a Confirmation by Senior Members.

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
You need to update your bios to latest to enable am3 + but that mobo only support Bulldozer cpus,they don;t supports new piledrive cpus like fx 8350 or fx 6300,4300 :|

- GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket AM3+ - AMD 880G - GA-880GM-USB3L (rev. 3.1)

OP
B

BHU5HAN

Broken In
I already checked that list, CPU is not listed there :-x
I think i also need to create a new Technical support ticket on gigabyte's website

You need to update your bios to latest to enable am3 + but that mobo only support Bulldozer cpus,they don;t supports new piledrive cpus like fx 8350 or fx 6300,4300 :|

- GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket AM3+ - AMD 880G - GA-880GM-USB3L (rev. 3.1)
im using latest BIOS stable release F5
only support Bulldozer-based CPUs? but there is also one Piledriver-based CPU FX-4350

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
It may support FX=8350 but not at all recommended. This board comes with only 4+1 VRM design and not at all recommended for 8 Core FX series Processors. FX-6300 should be the maximum choice here. I found in some forums that FX-6300 is successfully working with the latest BIOS with this motherboard.

Top Bottom