Can I setup BSNL BB connection using my Airtel Wifi Router?

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hi guys,

I have had both Airtel and BSNL BB connection. With the BSNL connection I have a wired modem and through Airtel I have a wireless Wifi router.

Currently in my area I have only BSNL BB available. Is it possible for me to setup my BSNL connection using the existing Airtel Wifi Router?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
How do I set this up? Can I get rid of the old BSNL modem altogether or do I need to continue using it?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yes, you can use any ADSL modem. That's what I said on first post. But then you asked can you get rid of that BSNL one too??

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
You will have to change the VPI and VCI to 0 and 35 respectively if you want to use your Airtel modem with BSNL. Airtel works on a different VPI and VCI - 1 and 32.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Thanks to all you guys! Without making any changes to the settings whatsoever I was able to setup my Airtel Wifi router with BSNL connection.

However I have one tricky situation I hope somebody here can help me on this.

In the room where I have the BSNL Phone line available I don't have sufficient space to keep my desktop. However I can connect in this room using the laptop. I have my desktop in the other room wherein I don't have the BSNL cable available currently. Do I need to have a wired cable going from the desktop all the way to the first room to have a net connection? Is there some way I can connect to the router/modem in other room with my desktop without having to use any wires i.e. wireless?

If this option doesn't work out then can I have the BSNL line hooked upto the router and then connect wireless from the second room using my laptop? Considering that I don't have any ethernet cable connected to the modem?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Linksys WUSB54GC Portable Wireless
Linksys WMP54G Wireless-G PCI Adapter
Wireless G 802.11g USB Network Adapter (F5D7050 )

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Looking at the cost involved I would rather prefer getting a technician and having the cable extended to the second room.

Csharp

Right off the assembly line
Hi
i am trying to use my old airtel adsl2+router with my bsnl broadband but no success.
The model is beetle 440TXI (adsl2+router) . can anybody help me with its configuration on BSNL broadband.

Top Bottom