Can I Make WinXP Auto-Connect To Internet At Logon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taurius1

Broken In
I want windowsXP to start dialing up to connect to the internet as soon as i logon... can i do that with any windows settings?

or do i need a program for this? if so, please suggest a few free programs that features automatic dialing as soon as they are opened...

Thank You ^_^

geek_rohit

In the zone
Open the autoexec.bat file with notepad and add the path of your dailing software. This should start the dailing as the system. The autoexec.bat file be found in the root directory of the C drive. But remeber to take a backup of this file before you mess with it. Incase of any problems just restore this backup.

OP
T

taurius1

Broken In
i found an autoexec.bat file in C:\ but that is for Win98. My WinXP is in D:\ and there was no autoexec.bat file anywhere in that partition...

in anycase, where in the file do i add the path?
it's rather confusing...
even if i add the path of my dialing software (i use windowsXP default... where will that be located?) how do i make it dial on it's own without me clicking the "connect" button?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
The only thing I can know of that you can do is to use the Windows XP AutoDial feature, which is turned on by default. While this will not dial your connection at startup, it will dial a connection the instant its first needed.

Scorpion

Journeyman
Hey!
Just make another copy of your dial-up connection in the "My network Places". Drag this on to the startup menu present under programs of Start Menu. If you know registry well, add it to the path (\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run).
Another way is, you can create a autoexec.bat in your D:\ and add the path. This works in xp too.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Umm, how will this make him not click the "Connect" button everytime he wants to connect. He insists that he does not want to click "Connect" :D

OP
T

taurius1

Broken In
thanks

thanks for all your replies, but the thing is the wiondows XP dialer does not have an auto connect check box. ANYWHERE. i've tried searchign for programs that auto dial, but none of them are free. i've tried downloading VSNL autodialer. but for some weird reason, it does not get installed prpoerly on my computer.....

alos, someone said that i can have the connection activated whenever needed... so does anyone know any "safe" software that actively seeks out an internet connection? somethign that will make my PC start connecting?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Try using the Atomic Clock Sync program, it will actively seek out an Internet connection, and its safe.

*www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/ats.htm

ishaan

Padawan
search the digit forums i hav already told another guy the same thing damn easy method no extra software needed

OP
T

taurius1

Broken In
I figured it out!!! I finally figured it out!!!

I've set a schortcut to the standard WinXP dialer in the startup.
I've set the dailer to save my username and pass.

To make it start dialing automatically, this is what I did. ^_^

Network Connections >> Right Click on dialup connection >> Properties >> Options (tab) >> Select only "display progress" and unselect all other options. ^_^

*xs305.xs.to/xs305/06346/Untitled-fhghtere2.jpg.xs.jpg

Image hosted on *xs.to/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom