Can I install Knoppix with Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Why do you feel its not possible ? Knoppix is an OS and it is meant to be installed on the computer....

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Nope. I am not going to give you a direct link. You should go to www.google.com and type installing knoppix there.All the results that you get from google will get you started.

Man! you should learn to use google first.

tuxfan

Technomancer
C'mon GNUrag, help is the word on which forums survive. Please explain him about QTParted and knx2hd :)

amitpagarwal, don't leave this guy. He knows what you want to know :D :lol:

BTW, its very much possible to install Knoppix with XP, but why do you want to install Knoppix? Why not Debian directly? Knoppix is just a live distro based on Debian. Debian will give you a full fledged Linux experience. Much better than Knoppix.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Ya, but Debian does not have a good installer.... I mean its not like knx2hd .... using knoppix's installer is just like a breeze...

i still believe that one must try to help himself ... and face the challenges.... in difficulty we are always there for support .... The first 10 links that google gives are more than enough to get anyone started... and its more vast than what i can type here...

I have already written a step by step installation guide in this forum sometime back. One should try to search it. Coz typing it all over again is a pain and i can't do it everytime... :-(

Your problem has already been covered .Click here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6589

TIP: Learn to use the search feature of this forum.

tuxfan

Technomancer
GNUrag said:
I have already written a step by step installation guide in this forum sometime back. One should try to search it. Coz typing it all over again is a pain and i can't do it everytime
I agree and understand your viewpoint.

GNUrag said:
i still believe that one must try to help himself ... and face the challenges
But undestand the apprehensions a person may have if he is partitioning HD for the first time or is installing an OS for the first time. I have installed RH9 (2-3 times), FC1, PCQ Linux (on 4 machines) and have seen you install Knoppix. But I still felt apprehensive while installing Debian on my own. The biggest fear is of losing data. :shock: That is why people trying it needs assurances and support. Just try to give a link of your step by step guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom