Can Corsair CX430M enough for my Config ?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hai,

I am going to upgrade to GTX 950 which will increase my power consumption from minimum 261 watts to recommended 311 watts. Can my Corsair CX430M enough for my config which is below:

Intel Core i5 4670S
Gigabyte B85M-D3H
Gainward GTX 950 2GB
Kingston V+200 240GB
Corsair CX430M
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO
Antec 120mm X4 Blue LED fans
*i.imgur.com/lcrw7gB.png

Thanks & Regards,
BSSunil

PS:I am using this for calculating my power requirements:eXtreme Power Supply Calculator - The only power supply calculator trusted by PSU manufacturers and computer enthusiasts

Last edited:
OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
According to PSU Tier List Corsair CX Series is 3rd and Antec VP Series is 2nd so, Should I go with Antec VP650PM now or Corsair CX430M is enough for now? Please respond as I am in doubt about how to proceed...

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Who told you Antec VP series is 2nd? Antec VP(P) series is worse than the latest Corsair CX. But considering price/performance Antec VP(P) is better

rajesh00

Journeyman
According to this list:PSU tier list 2.0 - Power Supplies - Components

According to that list CX/CXM is in 4th tier and Antec is in 3rd tier..Got enough budget and Intense gaming avoid those.Get Seasonic,best of all,recommended by all and 5 year warranty.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
According to that list CX/CXM is in 4th tier and Antec is in 3rd tier..Got enough budget and Intense gaming avoid those.Get Seasonic,best of all,recommended by all and 5 year warranty.

Seasonic does not have Service Centers in Hyderabad buddy. In case of any RMA one needs to send the PSU either to Chennai, Bangalore or Kolkata. So recommend any other PSU like Antec or Corsair as it is providing 3-4 year warranty upon registration. I am hoping to go with either Antec VP650PM(5k) or Corsair CS550M(6.5k). So god help me that nothing goes wrong until then to any of my components I hope.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
According to this list:PSU tier list 2.0 - Power Supplies - Components

That list is very inaccurate for budget units. The list is maintained mostly by Americans and you know what Americans can't use 230V only units like Antec VPP series. Their knowledge of budget units are very poor.
Use this list:
*docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j4TBkdgC6R94iYHoW4O89RbNenhLz8xrjwl7gUsV3ko/edit?usp=sharing

It's based on jonnyguru's list who is a professional reviewer.

rajesh00

Journeyman
Seasonic does not have Service Centers in Hyderabad buddy. In case of any RMA one needs to send the PSU either to Chennai, Bangalore or Kolkata. So recommend any other PSU like Antec or Corsair as it is providing 3-4 year warranty upon registration. I am hoping to go with either Antec VP650PM(5k) or Corsair CS550M(6.5k). So god help me that nothing goes wrong until then to any of my components I hope.

Seasonic are less likely to get damage.Because they provide good quality JAP caps inside.So no need to worry.I live in Hyderabad and i'm going to buy Seasonic soon.Not only in this forum but check other forums,everyone recommends Seasonic.

I think You already know how power cuts in our place.No one knows when will it go and when will it come and moreover power does not stay stable.

If you have budget go for Seasonic else get Antec VP series.Get atleast 500w. If GPU suggest 450w,dont buy 450w PSU.More is always good.

Antec is bad at +3.3v.You may find review of it.It will run.why take risk if have budget.

- - - Updated - - -

That list is very inaccurate for budget units. The list is maintained mostly by Americans and you know what Americans can't use 230V only units like Antec VPP series. Their knowledge of budget units are very poor.
Use this list:
*docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j4TBkdgC6R94iYHoW4O89RbNenhLz8xrjwl7gUsV3ko/edit?usp=sharing

It's based on jonnyguru's list who is a professional reviewer.

According to that list.Corsair is in 6th tier,Antec in 7th and Seasonic in 3rd tier.I think you got the best one.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Seasonic are less likely to get damage.Because they provide good quality JAP caps inside.So no need to worry.I live in Hyderabad and i'm going to buy Seasonic soon.Not only in this forum but check other forums,everyone recommends Seasonic.

I think You already know how power cuts in our place.No one knows when will it go and when will it come and moreover power does not stay stable.

If you have budget go for Seasonic else get Antec VP series.Get atleast 500w. If GPU suggest 450w,dont buy 450w PSU.More is always good.

Antec is bad at +3.3v.You may find review of it.It will run.why take risk if have budget.

- - - Updated - - -

According to that list.Corsair is in 6th tier,Antec in 7th and Seasonic in 3rd tier.I think you got the best one.

I think Corsair CX430M will suffice for the moment even if I add the GPU like GTX950.

If I upgrade for a more powerful GPU then I will change the PSU as well, until then CX430M will need to hold on.

Last edited:

rajesh00

Journeyman
I think Corsair CX430M will suffice for the moment even if I add the GPU like GTX960.

If I upgrade for a more powerful GPU then I will change the PSU as well, until then CX430M will need to hold on.

It will.But you sure need to upgrade for better PSU in near future

rajesh00

Journeyman
[MENTION=105611]bssunil[/MENTION], it should be enough. Gainward finally is letting you upgrade to GTX 960?

I don't think he would need to upgrade for next 3 years or so.

He lives in Hyd thats the issue.Lots of power fluctuations here.And also Corsair PSU handles max temp of 30'c probably more sometimes and Seasonic 50'c.Life span will decrease fast.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@bssunil , it should be enough. Gainward finally is letting you upgrade to GTX 960?

I don't think he would need to upgrade for next 3 years or so.
No but I need to buy a new Gainward GPU @ 13.5k

- - - Updated - - -

He lives in Hyd thats the issue.Lots of power fluctuations here.And also Corsair PSU handles max temp of 30'c probably more sometimes and Seasonic 50'c.Life span will decrease fast.

This is what I am worried about. If CX430M can hold because I have an APC UPS which can see through the power fluctuations then I dont need to change the present PSU or else PSU change is imminent.

Last edited:

rajesh00

Journeyman
This is what I am worried about. If CX430M can hold because I have an APC UPS which can see through the power fluctuations then I dont need to change the present PSU or else PSU change is imminent.

For the same reason,i'm going for Seasonic.I don't wanna take risk and reduce my components burn/reduce their lifespan.We spent thousands for components,spending 2k more than normal PSU doesn't hurt. :)

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
For the same reason,i'm going for Seasonic.I don't wanna take risk and reduce my components burn/reduce their lifespan.We spent thousands for components,spending 2k more than normal PSU doesn't hurt. :)

I still has a doubt regarding the compatibility of my PSU with my config.
*i.imgur.com/lcrw7gB.png

The present PSU is enough I think so right.

Last edited:

rajesh00

Journeyman
I still has a doubt regarding the compatibility of my PSU with my config.

*i.imgur.com/oQVINLq.png

The present PSU is enough I think so right.

Always be at safer side.Don't just bottleneck.
Is that with 750ti or gtx 960 ?

With 750ti,you will be good.Asus GTX 960 under load draws 100w.I think overall system wattage will not go more than 300w.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Always be at safer side.Don't just bottleneck.
Is that with 750ti or gtx 960 ?

With 750ti,you will be good.Asus GTX 960 under load draws 100w.I think overall system wattage will not go more than 300w.

The above recommended PSU wattage of 311w is including GTX950. With GTX750Ti it does not cross 250w.

Last edited:
Top Bottom