CAN ANYONE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
hi, can any one tell me does sata drives support WIN98? if yes where will i get the drivers for it? Can anybody tell where can i get drivers for winxp-64? how to speed up dail up connections?

shaunak

Tux Fan
win xp 64 is the operating system built for the amd 64 bit processor eg. duathalon etc. you cant get the drivers as for sata try checking the hdd manufacturers website

stalin

Journeyman
I have winXP64 Installed AMD64 3000+ with ASUS A8N SLI MotherBoard. It is working fine, didn't ask any driver to install SATA Harddrive.

chinmay

Journeyman
hi wizrulz,

1. windows 98 fully supports sata drives. check out this article for further details :-

www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,111654,00.asp

For drivers you'll have to check out hdd manufacture's website as shaunak suggested...if u mention the name of your mobo and hdd model i can find it out for you.

2. Well, it totally depends upon what drivers you want for win xp 64 bit edition. If you are talking in general every hardware manufacturer has its own website where you'll surely get drivers of 64 bit edition for most of the famous products. If you don't get anything specific just google it or pm me.

3. As for speeding up dial up connections there is an amazing software called artera turbo recommended to me by sunnydiv(i won't take any credit) - www.arteraturbo.com. btw it'll just increase surfing speed and not download speed. download the 15 day trial version and contact me then(i'll tell u a legal(...lol) way of using this software then)

mods don't you ppl edit the 3rd suggestion because i havent said anything about cracks...i'll tell him a proper way to use that software then...not any crack

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
site not working

hey chinmay that site which u suggested is not working :cry: mY mobo is MSI-RS480, with amd 64 bit 3000+. Hey i cannot install serial to usb cord drivers and aslo my rockwell external modem drivers on win xp 64 as it tells that these drivers r not for the os specified. HELP

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
i wiould also like to know that does it make any difference as i did not install the drivers for my sata drive (seagate) during my first installation, so will the drive behave like normal drive or sata ?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
As long as the drives work, you don't have a problem, unless you are planning to go in for RAID, in which case you would have to run the RAID setup. As for WXP-64b drivers, you have to understand that most drivers would not yet be rewritten for the 64b OS, so you would either have to forsake the driver or wait for the official driver releases.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
whats it?

enoonmai said:
As long as the drives work, you don't have a problem, unless you are planning to go in for RAID, in which case you would have to run the RAID setup. As for WXP-64b drivers, you have to understand that most drivers would not yet be rewritten for the 64b OS, so you would either have to forsake the driver or wait for the official driver releases.

what does forsake of drivers mean??? :oops:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Re: whats it?

wizrulz said:
what does forsake of drivers mean??? :oops:

I meant you would have to give up trying to use/install that particular hardware on WXP64b until the drivers are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom