can any body help me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subhu

Broken In
Hi friends i have a prob' with my pc. i have p3 pc with 20 GB harddisk i have made it into 3 parts using partion magic ie: 10GB,9GB,1GB but now the prob' is the 1 Gb space is not showing and i have tried to format it but its not formating.can anybody help me?
with regards...
subhu.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
can u elaborate ur problem a bit more? i mean, is the 1 GB partition not showing visible or wot? how can u try to format it when the partition itself is not visible? plz give more details.

OP
S

subhu

Broken In
yah sure

the prob' is it can't be seen when ur system is up means it can't be used, but partition magic shows it and while new installation of OS it shows ,but if u try to format it ,it won't. what may the prob'?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@subhu

1. what is the file system??
2. is the 1GB parttion Primary DOS drive or logical one??
3.which OS u r useing??

now if u have the system page file in that partition system wont b able to format..

4. So where is ur page file?

now the AVS auto protection is enabled then AVS might not allow u to format

5. So have u tried after dibleing the Real-time protection??

6. How r u trying to format?? after booting from HDD or from CD/Floppy boot??

lol.. may b too many question... but u know this r the common foults... do reply...

OP
S

subhu

Broken In
hi sourav

yah saurav ! i tried several methods but its not working i don't know y? even full system format also leave this 1 GB space .can u find any solution for this ?
thanks

OP
S

subhu

Broken In
keith... no merge ..no delete... no format ..nothing is happing...it just shows the space in 'PM' and while formatting but u can't do anything,

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
subhu said:
even full system format also leave this 1 GB space .can u find any solution for this ?

if u can aford a full system format then just delet all the partition.... creat one learge one... then break it in smaller size... see what happens

too format... follow this guide... do exactly what is says..

How to Use the Fdisk Tool and the Format Tool to Partition or Repartition a Hard Disk

but as u r in windows XP then might take a look at this & do the need full...

Removing a Partition from a Hard Disk Using Microsoft Windows XP Professional

but I suggest go for the 1st option.... do reply...

P.S. Better take a print out of the 1st artical... its a really handy one....

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Try to boot using Windows XP bootable CD and when it asks the location to install windows (i.e. shows the partition table to select partition) , select the 1 GB partition that u want to format and delete it.

It can also be done using Red Hat Linux or FC CDs. It also allows us to remove, format partitions.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Do u hv 20 GB HDD?
No HDD gives u exact space as its size.
If u r getting 19 GB from a 20 GB HDD, then its fine.
U can't do nething...

OP
S

subhu

Broken In
hello

hello 20GB means 20 Gb there will be no exsemtion okay , no company will do like that, i had worked on that full 20 Gb and know after doing partion i can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom