Can a graphic card solve the pixelation in a 24 inch monitor?

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
If indeed due to low DPI, what options do we have for a 24 inch monitor with a higher DPI typically working at 1920x1080 resolution? Are there any brands to choose from? Inbuilt speakers will be an added advantage.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
DPI means the density of pixels (or dots) in an inch.

You cant just increase or decrease DPI if your resolution and screen size is fixed. It is a number that you calculate from both.

Diagonal Screen size = 24 inch
Resolution = 1920x1080 -> Use pythagoras = diagonally, ~ 2202 pixels
divide both
2202/24 = ~ 91 Thats your DPI.

If you need higher DPI, buy a monitor that has higher screen res like 2560x1440 while having same size (24 inch).

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Got the replacement from Dell today. Tested it and the same status. Pixelated text. It seems the monitor is more suited for videos rather than text applications. Disappointed.
Now I have to buy another monitor.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I never hear anyone telling a 1080p 24" monitor to have pixelated issue. Another decent option is to go for a 27" or 28" with 4k(3840 x 2160) resolution.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I think this is issue with display drivers are I think you have connected your laptop to display.Is diplay through igpu or descrete gfx card in your laptop.

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
I think this is issue with display drivers are I think you have connected your laptop to display.Is diplay through igpu or descrete gfx card in your laptop.
Through the onboard graphics of a Desktop. Ryzen 3 with vega 8 graphics. Same issue when connected to MSI laptop having intel onboard graphics.

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Perhaps 24 inches is just too big for 1080p for you ?

Maybe u got used to laptop screens which have higher PPI.
Possible. So i do not have any other option now than to purchase another monitor with higher resolution. Cannot go beyond 24 or 25 inches due to space crunch on the desk. I found this Lenovo Q series Q24h-10 model which is having 2560x1440 resolution roughly with 123 DPI. Would this make noticeable difference from my existing monitor? Any other good suggestions with 24 inch size?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Go to a store to try it first. Dont make the same mistake again.

Try any 24 inch 1440p monitor/27 inch 1440p monitor to gauge the dpi. The model doesnt matter.

I sit around at a distance of an arm's length from the monitor. I use progressive eye glasses. So cannot sit too far from the monitor.
I sit like 60-70cm from my 27" 1440p & 24" 1080p monitors. Pixelation is not an issue for sure. I can see some pixelation in curves when I'm like 30cm away from my 1080p monitor.

24" 1440p is very rare. If you really can see pixels from like 50cm distance, maybe you need 27" 4K monitor, ppi will be like 163. I will recommend that you visit a computer store & see if you can see pixels on other monitors easily as well.

Top Bottom