Can a graphic card solve the pixelation in a 24 inch monitor?

user28

Journeyman
I am a basic user who recently shifted from a 19 inch to a new 24 inch monitor- Dell S2422H. The text and display is noticeably pixelated. Videos may be less noticeable but the images, web pages, text are noticeably pixelated. The new monitor is running at its native resolution of 1920x1080 with 60Hz. I had a Ryzen3 based CPU running on onboard graphics (Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro) and the new monitor is connected to a HDMI port. I tried installing the latest display drivers (Adrenaline) from the AMD site but did not help. Tried the scaling to 150 or 175 but did not help. Downsizing the resolution also did not help much.

Will adding a basic or mid range graphic card help solve this issue? I am not a serious gamer so high end graphic card is not at all required.
Any work arounds if not the graphic card way? Or am I stuck here?
Buying another large size monitor is not a solution for me for now as I had already invested in this new monitor plus my work space cannot accommodate monitor beyond 25 inches. :-(

Thanks.

Screenshots:
1651608006072.png

1651608029369.png

techzar

Right off the assembly line
I had this same problem when I changed my monitor to LG ultrawide. My MB was Asus H-97. The onboard HDMI port did not help much to reduce pixilation. I had to install a basic Nvidia Geforce GT 710 GPU. The pixilation problem was resolved after this.

Strange issue, such issues shouldn't exist on iGPU. Maybe cable is the issue? Also, I hope you tried removing graphics drivers using DDU & reinstalling drivers. I'm just guessing at this point.

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
@techzarhow better is it after adding the graphic card? Did you change the resolution or the scaling in windows? Does it really help? And i read somewhere that if the HDMI port is not above 2.0 version, you cannot see 1080p videos. Is it true?

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Strange issue, such issues shouldn't exist on iGPU. Maybe cable is the issue? Also, I hope you tried removing graphics drivers using DDU & reinstalling drivers. I'm just guessing at this point.
Yes. I tried reinstalling the drivers. Did not help any way.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Can you go to this pc -> right click -> properties -> advanced system settings -> advanced tab -> performance settings and select adjust for best appearance.

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Do you still have your old monitor, Is the font coming on it correctly.?
Yes I had it. It is Benq 19 inch VA panel monitor. It too had pixelation but not too much due to its smaller size i think. If I connect the old monitor to my Ryzen cpu and keep it at native resolution 1366x768 and the 100% or 150% scaling, no change. Same pixelation.

But If I connect the old monitor to my Dell Ltitude laptop, change the resolution to 1900x1080 and increase scaling to 150% the pixelation decreased a little bit. Atleast my eyes are not hurting.

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
New dell monitor connected to Dell latitude laptop. Resolution at 1920x1080 and scaling at 100%. See how the text is jarred and pixelated?

Attachments

• 20220504_155832.jpg
    20220504_155832.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
OP
U

user28

Journeyman
So is it all the graphic capabilities? Or did I get a faulty monitor? If not a faulty monitor does adding a bsic graphic card like GT710 or GT730 help?
Given the super inflated prices of graphic cards now, Asus GT730 card is the only cheapest card I found in Amazon.

Top Bottom