Can a DX 9 card play all the DX 10 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swaroop123

Broken In
I am thinking about buying a second-hand 7800gtx from a friend.He says it can play all the games,DX9 and DX10,very well.Only some DX10 visuals will be missing.Is this true that the card can play the present few and the upcoming DX10 titles in Windows XP?Please help.

There is another issue.The card is EVGA 7800gtx,my friend has imported it from USA and used it for about 6-7 months.So the card has officially 2.5 years of warranty left.But can I avail this warranty in India? I live in Kolkata.

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
firstly windows xp doesnot officially support DX 10....
only Vista supports it.....
And the 7800gtx only supports DX9.....
U can play DX10 games which also come in DX9 version like CRYSIS, ASSASIN's CREED...
But future DX10 titles compatible only with Vista will not support 7800GTX...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
But dun expect DX 10 exclusive games in near future, coz XP is still the fav OS of millions. And In Vista, ny game can be launched[or try to launch] irrespective of hardware requirements, thats what MS said at time of Vista release.
BTW, what price are u getting it for?

OP
S

swaroop123

Broken In
My friend has quoted a price of 3.5 k.Nvidia has stopped manufacturing the card at present,I suppose.So I don't know the current price.But I am worried about the warranty matter.Does EVGA have any service centre in Kolkata? And will the card see me through for another couple of years for the non-availability of DX10 exclusive games? Finally,please suggest if this is a good deal or should I go for DX 10 cards like the 8600gt?

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
Hey don't expect 7800gtx to last 2 years... but i think its a better deal than 8600gt as it cannot run DX10 titles at full glory.....

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Go for it,if the card is not overused.There is no DX 10 exclusive game rite now(until Alan wake comes) & the performance diff is not much as hyped b4 dx10 launch.

Really a powerful dx9 card is a much better option than a med end dx10 card like 8600gt which cant handle games in dx10 at high resolutions/quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom