Camera for a total noob

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
Hi Fellas :wave:

I am toally new to photography(been using a P&S camera with automatic mode) and i would like take up it as a hobby and i am eager to learn,please suggest me something under 21k and also i will not be able to invest in kit lenses at least for a year

Anish

Spectre
From the word "kit lenses" you've mentioned I assume you are looking for a SLR camera. IMHO 21K is a small budget for a decent SLR. Anyways, I suggest you near your budget..

Canon EOS 1000D - 22.5K

Nikon D3000 - 24k

Sony NEX-3K - 19.5k

Personally I would suggest you to go with canon or nikon.

OP
prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
well m an ameture and i've heard SLR is the best way to learn photography or m i wrong so in ur opinion whats a decent cam or should i jus go for super zooms

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
No you r absolutely right...if u have lots of interest in photography and want to learn and explore new things in photography u can definitely go for a DSLR

There r no bad DSLRs ...you can definitely go for canon 1000D coz your budget is 21k...you can even get a used DSLR if u r ok with that

Generally a dslr at this budget will come with 18-55mm Kitlens...this kit lens very limited capabilities like very less zoom, poor macro...but great for landscapes, potraits and party shots....
If u want a cam with all capabilities at start then go for superzoom like FZ150 or P500 else compromise a bit with DSLR and try to develop with limited resources

OP
prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
yh i think i'll buy the 1000D and later buy the macro kit lense so how much will a good macro lens cost me

choudang

Padawan
^^ go to canon/nikon sites where you will get an idea regarding prices, further you can find it out in grey market.

sujoyp

Grand Master
A good macro lens are the 90-105mm range ones

Like Tamron 90mm, canon 100mm, nikon 105mm etc...the cheapest one among the best is tamron 90mm which cost around 18k

You can also have some other options -
1. manual extension tube + manual 50mm
2. Auto Extension tube+ any lens
3. Reverse ring + manual 50mm lens
4. Raynox closeup lens+ any lens

sujoyp

Grand Master
You can easily afford the other options I gave ...I will give approx prices if u like :D

1. manual extension tube + manual 50mm = 600+3k (for a used manual 50mm with aperture ring)
2. Auto Extension tube+ any lens = kenko ETs cost around 5-6k (you can use it with your 18-55 lens)
3. Reverse ring + manual 50mm lens = cheapest option Rs.300 for reverse ring and 3k (for a used manual 50mm with aperture ring)
4. Raynox closeup lens+ any lens = 4-5k for Raynox 150 or Raynox 250 closup filter and it can be used with any lens

OP
prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
You can easily afford the other options I gave ...I will give approx prices if u like :D

1. manual extension tube + manual 50mm = 600+3k (for a used manual 50mm with aperture ring)
2. Auto Extension tube+ any lens = kenko ETs cost around 5-6k (you can use it with your 18-55 lens)
3. Reverse ring + manual 50mm lens = cheapest option Rs.300 for reverse ring and 3k (for a used manual 50mm with aperture ring)
4. Raynox closeup lens+ any lens = 4-5k for Raynox 150 or Raynox 250 closup filter and it can be used with any lens

yh thanks again lol but all the above sound alien to me

sujoyp

Grand Master
Bro in DSLR world there are lots of ways to do things...keep learning

Macro lens is the simplest way to take macro these r slightly complicated :D

Top Bottom