Camera 10-12k Nikon/SONY/Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourav237

Journeyman
I want a basic digicam for home & outdoors. 7-8 mp is sufficient for me. Plz help me choosing betn Nikon/SONY/Canon/ thnx in advance.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
go for Nickon or Canon ... My opinion is Canon, because canon is more user freindly than Niockon.
You can have plenty options in Canon Powershot. Canon A720IS - is very very good but little overbudget for u.

OP
sourav237

sourav237

Journeyman
A720IS cost around Rs 15k(website price). What is the street price?
I'v heard that snaps deteriorate during large printing. for this reason one of my frnd advised me to go for Nikon or SONY.

I'v used A620
How r the SONY & Nikon models.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
Nikon is the best in the market - but the user settings are difficult than canon. Sony has the problem tht u mentioned. A710 IS was the model which was best in India, now they have upgraded it to 720, street price may vary I got in kolkata in 13k.

prasad_den

Padawan
A720IS cost around Rs 15k(website price). What is the street price?
I'v heard that snaps deteriorate during large printing. for this reason one of my frnd advised me to go for Nikon or SONY.

I'v used A620
How r the SONY & Nikon models.
You've not answered my question.. Anyway look at Panasonic TZ3. It'll fit your budget (grey) and is an excellent compact cam producing very good pictures.. 7.2 MP with 10x optical zoom and a very good lens. Check the reviews..!

Nikon is the best in the market - but the user settings are difficult than canon. Sony has the problem tht u mentioned. A710 IS was the model which was best in India, now they have upgraded it to 720, street price may vary I got in kolkata in 13k.
I'm not so sure about the first statement.. Canon and Sony have for long surpassed Nikon as the best in the market.. Now the Panasonics and Fujis are also producing some excellent cams that there is no single dominator, especially for the P&S category.

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Also take a look at Canon SX 100 IS.
It's specs are same as Canon A720 IS, but has 10x optical zoom opposed to 6x on A720 IS.

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
man, have u looked at ixus series of canon.?
Its best in case of compact cam.
go for ixus 75 .. its very good camera..
I dont know about price of it

OP
sourav237

sourav237

Journeyman
You want a compact point and shoot cam..?? Or one of the bulkier ones..?
sorry for not answering ur question. i need a cam like canon powershot series or sony w series.

i have not mentioned any problem for SONY. that was for canon.

From where (shop name & address) you bought that?

What about SONY W & S series ??????

Last edited:

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
I was trying to mention about the problem, which I have faced in sony models.
I bought from "Chowringhi Camera store".. U can also look at "camera exchange"

at Prasad >> I am handling various types of camera & found canon, nikon,olympus has very good models. for home users: user friendly models should be the first choice.. isn't it? Canon is just my opinion because I have found it is very good in every respect.

New companies r still new, they r not proved yet. If u r a professional & u have no budget burden then u should/can try other brands also.

Last edited:

nitansh

TECHNOHOLIC..............
Take a look at SONY DSC W120.Its features-
No. of pixels:7.2 , Optical Zoom:4x , LCD size:2.5inch , Video shooting at 30fps with 640*480 resolution
Price approx 12.5k

nitansh

TECHNOHOLIC..............
I think both "CANON POWERSHOT A720IS" & "SONY DSC W120" are very good. Now u should check them yourself by comparing, user-friendliness, bulkiness, storage, etc...

You can refer to these websites for more help:

COMPARISON B/W THEM: *www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_p...de&cameras=canon_a720is,sony_dscw120&show=all
INDEPTH REVIEW OF CANON:
*www.steves-digicams.com/2007_reviews/_a720.html
INDEPTH REVIEW OF SONY:
*www.steves-digicams.com/2008_reviews/sony_w120.html
SAMPLE PHOTOS OF CANON:
*www.cameras.co.uk/camera-reviews/p...wershot-a720-is&title=Canon Powershot A720 IS
SAMPLE PHOTOS OF SONY:
*www.cameras.co.uk/camera-reviews/photos.cfm?photo=sony-dsc-w120&title=Sony DSC W120

But i would still reccomend SONY, bcoz of my bad experience with CANON (their after-sales service is pathetic)... but still choice yours..........

srikanthgss

Broken In
Try the Canon PowerShot S3 IS . Got it from the US a month ago for 12k and totally love it .
It's a 6 MP camera with 12x Optical Zoom and has excellent optical image stabilization .

It's a relatively old model , 2006 i guess , but then who cares it's awesome .

Only thing is a small LCD , and navigation keys are not the best . But hey for 12k it's almost the perfect cam.

And if u are a professional , it's got a plethora of options ! Check it out...a really worthy cam.

*www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022111canons3is.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom