Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Mentioned by Retailer and Developer

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
It seems that the next game in the Call of Duty series might be a sequel to 2010's Black Ops, as both a retailer listing at Amazon France, as well as a LinkedIn page of a game developer mention Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

Activision's Call of Duty series has broken sales records with its latest installments, including Modern Warfare 2 and 3 or Black Ops, so you can bet that the yearly release cycle will continue for quite some time.

The company has already confirmed that a new Call of Duty game is coming and that it will bring "major improvements" to the franchise although it declined to offer any more details.

Now, it seems that this new game is Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, at least according to several reports that appeared yesterday.

First up was a listing for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, which appeared on the Amazon France page. The retailer quickly took the page down, but Gamesblog.fr managed to take a screenshot.

No other details were given, but previous leaks from the retailer's French division did come true in recent years, so it's quite possible that a new Black Ops game is coming.

Secondly, game developer Hugo Beyer updated his LinkedIn page yesterday by mentioning a new project named Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

Beyer works at Nerve Software, according to Joystiq, which is an outside contractor that collaborated with developer Treyarch on Black Ops 1. As such, it makes sense that the Activision-owned studio would once again tap into the resources of Nerve Software for a sequel to the Call of Duty game.

The LinkedIn page, just like the listing on Amazon France, is now offline.

Activision hasn't commented on either of these reports so we can't say for sure if Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is coming this year.

COD breaks sales record every year, but upto what point. They offers very less in something new in design. Action is very scripted (and pacey which is good at times).
Coming every year with just new DLC kind of thing.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think the COD series is getting repetitive. When I played MW3, I was no longer getting the feel, if you know what I mean. Not sure if BO2 will be any good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Bottom