cabinet sugetions

bong

Broken In
NZXT source 210 elite seems to have all the features needs except the dust filters. can any one suggest some cabinet along with source 210 elite + dust filter feature?

OP
B

bong

Broken In
well i am well confused between these cabby

nzxt source210 elite =>3.4k cheaper /fit in budget exactly /does not have dust filter/ i dont know about future proofing about it
haf 912 combat=>4.3k excess budget marginally/ not sure about future compatibilty/like the look more better than source210
haf-912 advanced=>6.8k over budget/seems like everything have in it/like the look/like the features/hearing problem about radiator installing,long hd card etc (i dont know i need that or not or when it needs)
carbide 400R=>4.8k over budget/same as haf 912 advanced but reading favor of 400r more on net prices are same as haf 912 adv
carbide500R=>6.4k over budget/ but hearing recomendation of it above last two

Help me guys and please specify why to choose one over another one, dont just say the name.

Last edited:
OP
B

bong

Broken In
^^ that both have not usb3. do you think spending money for dust filter will be justified? as above 4.5k cases have dust filters. if it is justified enough i am thinking for going that range

what do you think about haf-912 combat and carbide 400r?

you know my use case and other specification. i belive i dont need to get that far of 6k cases. correct me if i am wrong.

thanks as usual :)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
See mate, two things I will never skimp while building my PC are Cabinet and PSU. Now....a proper Cabinet will last you more than two builds.And so will a proper PSU which carries a 5 year or 7 year warranty. These two things keep your PC running the way they should actually. A "cool" PC goes a long way.

Secondly,Yes...dust filters are mighty important when you have lot of intake fans. If you dont have dust filters...in no time your PCs internals will look like a archaeological site! You must invest ina good case. I gave up my GPU for a good cabinet like a CM Comsos 2 though I actually bought a Phantom because of its air cooling prowess and ofcourse the PP ratio. So with 200mm and 120mm intakes I know how important dust filters are actually are.

HAF 912 is good no doubt.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that both have not usb3. do you think spending money for dust filter will be justified? as above 4.5k cases have dust filters. if it is justified enough i am thinking for going that range

what do you think about haf-912 combat and carbide 400r?

you know my use case and other specification. i belive i dont need to get that far of 6k cases. correct me if i am wrong.

thanks as usual :)

Corsair Carbide 400R is a better choice IMO.

Darth Vader

In the zone
Corsair Carbide 400R is a better choice IMO.

^ This.
I bought HAF 912 Combat for 4.4k because Corsair 400R was sold in my place for 5.5k.

HAF 912 Combat comes with 2*120 mm fan, Thumbscrews for Front panel only & no Thumbscrews for PCI, 2.5 cage, and only one Tooless 5.25" inch drive.
So they can't be considered Fully Tool less. Screwdriver is needed to install GPU, remove/attach HDD cage, installing 2.5 inch SSD & removing the back side panel.

If you can find Corsair 400R for less than 5k go grab it.
And don't look into Corsair 300R/200R(flimsy) as HAF 912 Combat(Sturdy) is lot better than both.

Corsair 400R > HAF 912 Combat > 300R/200R

OP
B

bong

Broken In
thanks guys! :)

and what about between haf912 advanced and corsair 500r? do i need to get cabby in that 6k range for future proofing? or 5k range is enough?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
entirely depends on your needs but if you have the money why not get a better cabinet like 500R ;-)

OP
B

bong

Broken In
^^That is where i am being confused. I cant judge what i need. The last pc and cabinet i had was low level so i cant decide how far should i go. can you tell at which circumstances(which need) it needs to get thak 6k rangers. I will not overclock ever and machine will be based on i5 3550,gfx card will be added later.

I have over budget by 1.5k already with 400R . i can go for 6k range if it is worthy to me. By worthy i am not doubting the potenital of 6k rangers. what i mean is usefull for my needs. eg if 6k rangers are for overclockers it is more likely have no use in my case.

rock2702

Padawan
Corsair 400r is the best damn value for money cabinet right now,just go for it,check out its reviews on techpowerup,u can get one for 4.8k from mdcomputers.

aloodum

Journeyman
The 400R appears to quite a compelling buy , but a old timer crosses my mind: The CM 690 /II/advanced/... it was well knows for being airy, decent cable management and very very sturdy build quality.
If possible it would be best if you could physically examine the different cases vis a-vis to cable management(including gap between the motherboard tray and the panel), ease of filter cleaning, ease of device access etc.
But given the overall of quality of the cases in question you wont go wrong with any of them.

Cheers!!

OP
B

bong

Broken In
@incinitor haf912 combat has dust filters? seems like NO HAF 912 Combat_side panel window (for APAC only) - Cooler Master

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
@incinitor haf912 combat has dust filters? seems like NO HAF 912 Combat_side panel window (for APAC only) - Cooler Master

It has Dust Filters for the front Intake and the PSU air intake at the bottom. For the side I believe you have to make one yourself. As aloodum has mentioned do take a look at the CM690 II advanced too.

OP
B

bong

Broken In
^^ is it possible to make dust filters? i am not aware of that. yes i will see allodum's recommendation.

just checked out the 690 II advanced. i like the case. but it does not have usb3 :(

drkks

Banned
^^ is it possible to make dust filters? i am not aware of that. yes i will see allodum's recommendation.

just checked out the 690 II advanced. i like the case. but it does not have usb3 :(

Corsair 300R has 2 usb 3 ports on the front panel but again, the dust filters are only on the front intake and PSU and not on side or top but cooling is excellent.

Top Bottom